2 : Nuella

POV: Erza

"There are some secrets that i would not have usually told, but I shall. For the sake of Saulen."

Does he not understand how significant this matter is?  This is sad to think that he may have been thhe mayor of Saulen for a long time now.

"Yes Mayor, you Must tell us. But I know one thing. The place you tell us must be in private."

The Mayor agreed and signaled us to follow him. We were brought inside the City Hall, in the Mayor's office.

"Sit down."

He gestured us to sit, as we did on a long red sofa.

"The secrets were only known by my family, the family who were the only ones allowed to become Mayor."

That was...

"That was one of the secrets, am I right?" Natsu asked him.

That pink-haired flamehead does use his brain!

"Yes. We were a secret village. We kept secret that if ever someone else that did not have the blood of my ancestors ruled Saulen, the city broke down. My villagers always failed in defeating enemies. I failed to help." the Mayor said.

I nodded, and I realized sonething.  The Mayor wasn't... He wasn't a mage.

"May I ask you, Mayor Ritson, do you have any sons or daughters?"

"Yes, a daughter. She's a mage as well. Ah, let me call her." The Mayor said.

The mayor left his seat and talkeed to one of the maids, and quickly again sat down to regain his previous posture.

We waited a few minutes, when the girl, a beautiful young lady, wearing a black gown, like Lucy's when she was a Heartfilia, came in. She had blonde hair, kept down, and dark purple eyes.

"Yes Father?"

"They wish to see you."  Mayor Ritson pointed to the sofa we sat on.

"Th-They? I had always thought I was not allowed with outsiders?"

"Yes, but... They will save us."

"But I. I can save Saulen, Father! Tradition is rubbish... Why would you even plant a God Slayer lacrima in me if you always prevent me from fighting?"

"Darling, I'm scared. I'm scared that you... you will pass away like your mother did. I don't want you to die in combat."

POV:Mayor

"Soldiers,fire at the monster!" I heard my wife, Mariella, tell her army. She had short blonde hair, that she cut so as not to get in the way of her combat.

"Yes Ma'am!"

They charged at the attacking monsters,and the monsters attacked with it's sharp talons.

"DEFENSE! SHIELDS!" 

"Yes Ma'am!" the Defense Army chorused as they blocked the attack. My wife used her magic. Her own magic, a very  powerful magic indeed.

"Water Dragon's Mighty Roar!"  She opened her mouth and a geyser of water blew out.

The monster backed away. One of it's claws scratched Mariella on the side. And just like that, she was gone.

POV: Natsu

"Mayor Ritson! Hello?!"

He was blacked out for a few seconds, yet he got back to consciousness.