5 : The story of Saulen

Hi guys.  Once again, I've been trying real hard to improve this story, and editing it. So, I really hope you bear with the lack of skill and the bad grammar and punctuation this story has. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

POV: Lucy

The ball finished, and Nuella signaled us to go in one of the rooms there.

"Father has a very important thing to say. And yes, we do need to discuss the battle plans. So sure, you can all state your opinions inside." Nuella had said.

We all followed Nuella inside. The room was unbelievably huge and the designs were elegant and beautiful.

"Good evening everyone. I know that's it's already 9 pm, but we immediately need to discuss this serious matter. Everyone please sit down."

"Mayor Ritson, we all know this is very urgent,but please. If you permit ,let the kids rest, they've had a tough day."

"Yes, they may rest. Guards, escort the children please.."

The children walked out with the guards and we stayed. Mayor Ritson told us about how the Euran always comes back two nights after one of its heads is attacked. Meaning, that monster will come back tomorrow.

"Wait. Tell Me Mayor, how did you know? As far as I'm concerned, you don't know anything about the Euran."

"Ah-I... I researched."

"And so you did. Tell me, when did you have time for researching mayor Ritson? Weren't you busy preparing for the ball?" Natsu smirked and lifted an eyebrow  at the Mayor, the mayor looking confused with a flash of guilt on his face.

"Wow Flame Brain, you do use your head."

"Gray." I frowned carelessly at him, and quickly I realized that I had just stood up for Natsu.  My face turned a deep red, as I saw Natsu open his mouth, most probably to answer Gray's witty remark.

"Stop Fighting. I think Mayor has something interesting to say." Erza said.

"Um... I ordered my servant to-"

"Father. The truth, please."

"Nuella... Yes .I know everything about the Euran. The Euran always attacks every month, but the townspeople never know because I had put a force field. But it collapsed, and now the villagers have been rallying. They told me to ask for help from guilds... And that's it."

"No father. That is not it."

This Father-Daughter thing is making me sad. Remembering my own father.

"That's not it? Oh yes, that's only a mere part. Yet I'm afraid my story will take all the wee hours left."

"That's okay. I think." I smiled.

"Father, start the story, so we do not waste the remaining time."

"Okay. A hundred and sixty years ago, my Ancestors built this city to give shelter to soldiers in the war. That was the main purpose of the city. To hide all the warriors of Fiore, from it's enemies, but eventually, the war ended, and the villagers of Earth land forgot about this small village, because there was no use for it. Some of the warriors who got a big advantage from Saulen, never did forget. They happily told their relatives to live here. But my ancestors told everyone who knew about the city, to never speak of it.

The reason... The reason why they said that was because of the Yins. The Yins were the enemies of Fiore when they were at war. The Yins have accepted their loss, but they never forgave Saulen for sheltering all the warriors, which caused their loss. The Yins hunted for Saulen for a long time, causing Saulen's villagers to trust no one. No One. Saulen was kept a secret, and my Ancestors made Saulen a village as big as a city, so no villager would need to go outside... As I said, there were other villages that were secret. These were also villages that sheltered warriors, all from different places. They hid their selves too. All the secret villages remained secret. Except for one.

The village of Clementolle. This is a village North of Fiore, that hid the Warriors of Fiore well, but eventually, one of it's villagers betrayed the village, and made the village's secrecy leak out, all because of jewels. That is why Eurans hunt for us. After hearing this fact, my ancestors tried their hardest, passing Saulen's government to their children. Every generation, my village loses people. Due to the Fact that they fight Eurans. Sad as it is, I couldn't take it. I built a force field around the village. That is why I am not a mage... Any longer. I lost all my Magic Power in building that force field. I built it thirty years ago. And it collapsed three months ago.

All my villagers were in despair when the Euran attacked. They never experienced this due to my shielding the village for thirty years. My villagers were all injured from the first attack. Not a single one left. Nuella always wanted to fight, and I knew we had a higher chance of winning if she did. But due to my wife's death, I never wanted Nuella to even step on the Battle field... And then the complaints came. The whole Saulen wanted me to file a request for mages to help us. I would normally resist, but because the family of my wife, the Vastia's, urged me to do so too. They even requested me to--"

"Wait. Nuella's cousin is Lyon?"

"Yes.If you mean Lyon Pete Vastia, yes. He is my nephew, and a great ice mage as well. My wife's family requested me to do it. That was the reason I couldn't say no. For I greatly respect my wife's family."