Chapter ~6~

(Giovannie's POV)

After P.E I was in a pretty good mood.

      Of course I had teased Nick mercilessly in the pool but it was all in good fun. Everyone laughed, used to my mischievous ways but poor Nicky was red the whole time that I was afraid he'd erupt. I should really stop messing with the boy but something about him made me want to mess with him.

      Sadistic, moi? Nawwww.

      "Gio, yo!" Ben and Tyler caught me coming out the locker room. "Finally!" Ben grinned, "lunch time! I'm friggin starving."

      "Shanna and Momo texted me," Tyler said, waving his cell phone at me as we made our way down the hall. "They said you're hiding something."

      "Of course he is," Ben snorted. "When isn't he?"

      "It's nothing," I huffed, "seriously, girls have a big mouth."

      "And you don't?" Tyler shot back, rolling his eyes.

      I opened my mouth to deny his accusation but quickly shut it. So okay, maybe I did have a bigger mouth compared to Shanna and Momo. "I'm not hiding anything."

      "Whatever you say, Gio," Ben danced around me, grinning, "but you know that we'll find out sooner or later."

      Geez, these guys were really darkening my mood. That's what I get for having nosy friends. I glanced up and caught a broad back wearing a black shirt in front of me and I grinned. I recognized that back.

      "Nicky!" I sailed to him, latching my arms onto his. "It must be fate that I keep running into you like this."

     "Moretti," Nick hissed, glancing at his friends, "stop that. Let go."

      "Now, now," I winked at him, "don't be shy. I mean, we're closer now more than ever right? After all, you leant me your swimming trunks. Hmm," I tapped my chin," If you think about it our weenises indirectly touched!" I batted my lashes at him, "How romantic."

      Nick groaned as his friends laughed, teasing him. The embarrassed blush on his cheeks made my mood better again. Man, Nick was becoming my happy mood charm. Being around him made me feel better. Warm even. It also made me forget about Hunter.

      "It's Hunter!" I heard Ben gasp.

      My head shot up, eyes looking frantically around. "Where!?" How could he be here? We didn't even go to the same school!

      "There," Tyler pointed ahead of us and sure enough there he was. I felt the instant that he spotted me. Our eyes connected and I nearly tripped if it wasn't for my hold on Nick's arm.

      "What's he doing at our school?" Ben asked thoughtfully.

      "Must be visiting Jenna for lunch break," Tyler replied.

      I pushed back the sudden painful pressure on my chest. I was not jealous that he'd come all the way here just to see my sister. I wasn't.

      My arms tightened its hold on Nick's as we drew closer to Hunter. We could have kept walking passed him if he hadn't just stepped in to block our path. I buried my face against Nick's arm, peeking at Hunter. I felt Nick's curious gaze staring down at me and I was surprised that he didn't push me away.

      "Giovannie," Hunter said, addressing me directly.

      I cleared my throat, heart pounding. "Hunter."