Chapter~20~

Cookie: This is written for the Nick fans :)

---

(Giovannie's POV)

I stared at the brown door, hand poised to knock.

      I didn't want to do this, I mean I really really didn't want to. What I did want to do was turn my butt right around and go home but that wasn't an option. Jenna was released from the hospital today and as soon as she got out she bullied me into coming here.

      To Nick's house.

      "Go and talk to him, Giovannie," Jenna had said sternly, "and make things clear."

      Make things clear? How can I make things clear to him if I myself was still suffering from perpetual confusion? I loved Hunter, yes, I know that but what about Nick? Did I love him too? I remember Hunter saying something along those lines. He seemed to believe it but Hunter wasn't the sharing type.

      My eyes widened.

      Oh my god! I'm such a tramp! Could I...would I really be okay with having a relationship with both of them? At the same time? Could I be so scandalous? Hmmm...Oh who am I kidding? The fact that the thought sounded so tempting was proof that I would be scandalous enough to have a relationship with both if they allowed it.

      Giovannie you naughty boy.

      "Morretti?"

      I jumped, swirling around. "Nick!"

      Nick stood in front of his porch steps, hands in his jacket pockets. My heart sunk when I looked at him. Oh Nicky...he looked so tired, so worn out. He had cirlces around his eyes and his shoulder drooped, as if the weight of the world was on them. Was I the one who had done this to him? The very thought made me sick.

      "What are you doing standing in front of my door, Moretti?"

      I swallowed. "Uh...I...I came to-to visit. You haven't been in school and we were worried about you."

      "Oh."

      Then we just stood there for a whole minute. Silent, unsure. I don't know what was going through his mind. Nick had always been easy for me to read but right now all I could see was a tired boy. It's like for the past 3 days he had been through hell and back.

      "Nicky," I began slowly, hesitant even. "Um...how have you been?"

      "What do you think?"

      I flinched. Ouch, okay I deserved that.

      "Aw, don't look like that," Nick sighed, running a hand to the back of his head. "Sorry, that was uncalled for."

      "I deserve it."

      "No, you don't. What happened wasn't your fault. I shouldn't be taking it out on you."

      I took a step towards him. "What happened?"

      He looked torn for a second, a pained expression crossing his features but it was gone as fast has it had come. "Nothing. It's nothing, forget it."

      I took the last remaining steps to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Nick, whatever it is, I want to help any way I can. You were there for me with Jenna...now let me be here for you."

      What could have possibly happened to make my Nicky look like this?

      He opened his mouth and shut it, looking reluctant to say anything else. I gave him my best puppy dog eyes, even pouting a little. Come on, who can resist the soulful puppy dog look? Specially mine. Maybe I should bat my lashes for more affect.