Disneyland?!

Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~

 My dad goes over to cut my purple velvet cake. My 17 birthday. Next year I will no longer be a kid I will be an adult. Then I can move out and get a job and be who I want to be. I want to be me. "Caaka!" My baby brother yells. Mom laughs, "Scarlett gets the first piece." The baby looked at me with hatred. 

 Dad slid me a piece of cake on a plate. My baby brother suck his tongue out at me. "Toby be nice," mom warned him. "I know what will make him happy," I say while leaning over to him. I grab his right foot and started tickling him. He bursts out in a little fit of laughter. This always made him happy. Next dad gave Toby a very small slice. Toby leans and sticks his hands in the cake. I couldn't stop my laughter.

After everyone had a slice dad and mom wanted me to follow them to the bedroom. I walk into their room. "What?" I ask. They both look at me nervously, "well we all know that this is your last year as a kid." My dad said. "And?" I press. "Honey we're going to Disneyland!" My mom yelled with excitement. I could feel my eyes going huge. I knew that they wouldn't let me grow up. I'll be forced to be Wendy for as long as I live. 

I felt my eye start to water, but I hold back my tears. "No mom. No dad." They told me that I was allowed to go my own way when I turn seventeen. But they had lied to me. Dad is now looking at me like I'm crazy for refusing to go. "Just go and when you come back you will be allowed to grow up," dad told me. "But dad, I don't want to go," I whisper. He frowns at me. I must be his biggest disappointment. "Your going and that's final!" He snapped. 

At that I draw the line. "I'm not going!" I yell so loud I think the whole town could hear me. I was angry, beyond angry. "I want to live my own life! Everyone in this town acts like a bunch of walking zombies," I hiss. What I told them is true. Everyone does whatever they're told. It's like they don't have a mind of their own. Not even my mom and dad make their own decisions. I bet Aaron's dad told them to take me to Disneyland. 

That brought my mind on Aaron. What he said last year was still clear in my ears. "I will have you! You better mark today on the calender!" Aaron yelled. I haven't heard from him since that day. It's been such a pleasant relief not to have some guy trying to turn me into Wendy. But I had a strange feeling that I am but safe yet. Not until I leave this cursed place.

"That's it young lady! If you don't go I'll make sure you never grow up!" My dad's voice brought me out of my train of thought. I gasp at him. I had no choice but to go. I sigh, "fine." Dad made me pack a lot of clothes and food. I was so not looking forward to this. 

I buckle Toby in a car seat. "Don't become a zombie," I whisper to him. "Your the only other person who had a mind, don't lose it." I really hope he grows up with a plan to escape. It's just not safe here. I kiss his forehead and he closed his little eyes. I know he'll be alright. 

"Are you ready sweetie?" Mom asks me. I fake a smile, "yeah. As ready as I'll ever be!" I say with fake enthusiasm. My mom smiles, "I'm so glad you are trying to see the good side of things." I have to act happy then I'll be set free. This is worth my freedom. "Yeah." I say to her. Mom looks like she's about to explode with happiness. It filled my heart with joy to make her happy. Someday mom I will set you free, I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disney Hotel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room looked amazing. There are two beds, a desk separating the two beds. I plop down on the bed with a remote in my hand. Dad gives me a stupid look and takes the remote away. "Your going to help Toby," he said. I groan in disdain. Then I give him puppy eyes, "let me look around please."  He frowns but nods his head anyway. 

I skip into the bath room and see how big the mirror is. And the counter is so clean, and... normal. I've never seen normal! I have finally found my happy place. So beautiful.

"Scarlett!" I run to the main room because my mom yelled for me. "What?" I ask. Mom puts her arms over her hips. "Toby his missing." I nearly faint. The only non-zombie in my family is gone. I immediately started looking in all the rooms. I walk into the bathroom again. Toby always follows me for no reason. 

When I walk into the bathroom I see the corner door wiggling. "Toby?" I call out while opening the door. Sure enough Toby was on the other side. "Scarlit! Scarlit!" He yells and giggles. I lean over and picked him up into my arms. "Don't do that again," I whisper to him. He smiles, "mummy." Laugh softly because he just called me a mummy. "I'm not mommy," I tell him. But he giggles and doesn't understand. 

I walk to the main room and handed Toby over to mom. "I'm taking a walk around the hotel to clear my head," I tell her. "Okay but be back in about an hour." I nod and walk out the door. 

I walk one foot at a time. Why was my life falling apart? I want to blame the town for everything, but I know some of it is my own fault. If I had played along with the charade. I guess I was scared of what the out come would be. I turn left into anther hall way. 

I here footsteps behind me. I turn my head but don't see anyone. This stress is really getting to me. I just need to relax. When I get back I will take a long cool bath. I sigh at the thought of it. Click click click. Is someone clicking their tongue? I shake my head.

Suddenly I feel a rag wrap around my mouth. I bring my hands to my mouth to free my self. A hand grabs my arms. A guy in a black ski mask starts taping my arms and hands together while I struggle to stop him.  I try scream but no noise comes out. Slowly I start feeling weak. "Goodnight, Wendy." That... voice ... is familiar. "Aaron," I gasp before everything turns black.