04- Medals

Jail was threatening enough with Liz's mom constantly threatening her with the fact that if she kept up with these petty crimes, she'd end up in a cell. Some days, Liz thought she would be better off in a cell. That way, she could get away from her mom and Johnson. Liz even considered getting herself thrown in jail because some days, she just couldn't take it. One thing kept her from doing so, that one thing was Eggsy. Without Eggsy in her life, Liz was sure to go crazy.

As she sits across from the officer on the other side of the table, in his thrift shop, twill jacket, the man who has been throwing questions at her left and right to get names. They know there were two other boys in the car with her and Eggsy, but Liz wasn't a snitch and there was no way she was going to rat out her friends.

On the outside, Liz looks calm and collective, as if sitting in a interrogation room was nothing that she wasn't used to. In fact, Liz was freaking out on the inside, terrified that she'd be sent to live in a small cell for eighteen months. One month in jail was nothing compared to the eighteen months she has been threatened with today if she doesn't give some names up.

The man stands up and leans his body against the metal table. "Liz, there is no such thing as honor amongst thieves. Now, you can start giving me some names of the boys you were with, or you go down. It's up to you."

Liz taps her chin in thought. "You know, I think I do have one name that can help you out."

A sickening smile slides on his face. His eyes flicker to the one way glass mirror to the side. "Great. What is it?"

"Their last name is You."

His brows furrow. "You?"

Liz nods. "First name is Screw. Screw You is their name." With that, Liz flicks the one way mirror off with a smirk. "Now, I would like to exercise my right to a phone call, if you don't mind."

The officer slams his hand on the table, angrily. "Fine!" He pushes away from the table towards the door that leads out of the room. "I hope it's to your mum to tell her that you're going to be eighteen months late for dinner."

Liz slides forward in her chair to rest her elbows on the table. "Actually, I was going to tell her that I'll bring the milk home that night once I'm released."

The door slams shut behind him. Liz waits a second to assume the other officers behind the mirror have left as well before she slumps over the table. She lifts her head up while pushing her blonde hair out of her face. She's really screwed up this time. Her mind wanders to how Eggsy is holding up. When they were brought in, they were quickly separated, thrown into different rooms. Eggsy wasn't a snitch either, that was just one of the many things that they had in common.

Liz's hand darts to the phone and slides it closer to her. She had no idea to call. If she did call her mom, it would just probably end in a lecture and how jail would probably be good for her. Or worse, Johnson would answer and he'd personally come get her. Liz had no one she could call. For the second time, Liz slumps on to the table, mentally and physcially exhausted. 

Something cool slaps against her chest underneath her shirt. Suddenly remembering a bit of her past, Liz reaches into her shirt to pull out the small medal that her mom had told her belonged to her father. Something to do with how it belonged to his work. Her mom told her that if she ever needed help to call the number on the back of the medal.

These days, Eula Preston could barely remember anything about her husband. She was too drunk most of the time to think properly when Liz would ask her questions. When her father had died, Liz took it hard. She was still very young, but she faintly remembers a man visiting her mom to explain in very vague detail what had happened. Liz mainly remembers her mother crying and someone saying 'oxfords not brogues', which is something that her father had often repeated when he was still alive.