12 - Train

The fog in Liz's head gradually disappears as her eyes begin to flutter open. She didn't open her eyes right away. The man at the party had drugged the champagne. Liz had no idea where she was now, but she could feel that she was in some kind of weird, laying position.

She barely moved her left wrist and foot to realize that she was tied down to whatever she was laying on. The situation was not a good one for her. Two thoughts came to her mind at that given moment; one, something wrong happened during their mission or, two, this was just another test for them. Either way, Liz was prepared for whatever they sent her way. 

At the sound of boots on what sounded like gravel, Liz decided in that moment to open her eyes and figure out where she was exactly. 

The first thing she saw was a brick wall with spray paint graffiti on it. Her eyes flicker down and she sees she's tied down to train tracks. Her first instinct is to tug on the ropes to figure out how tightly they are around her limbs. Whoever tied her down did a really good job on the knots. 

Liz's head turns to the right and her eyes fall upon a tall, lanky man dressed in all black. Black gloves cover his hands, but she can still see the knife held between his fingers. "Who the hell are you?" She demands. 

The man walks over to stand directly in front of her body, but safely away from the train tracks. He holds the knife up in the air. "This knife can save your life." 

As if on cue, the sound of a train coming from down the tunnel makes Liz's blood run cold. Forgetting about the fact that this good all be a test, she swears out loud when she sees a train down the tunnel. Even if this was a test, there is still a very good chance that they would still risk the Kingsman in training's lives to see who would be the right candidate. 

"Son of a bitch!" Liz tugs on the ropes, trying to figure out how to slip one hand out of the loop. All she would need is one hand then she would be able to get out. 

"My employer's got two questions for you, Liz." The man begins to say, "What the fuck is a Kingsman? And who's Harry Hart?"

The train grows louder as it starts to get closer. Liz twists her right hand around, hoping to loosen the knots. She tilts her head back on the railing to see how the knot is tied. 

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about!" Liz shouts at the guy. She leans as far right as she can and bites down on the rope around her wrist. The more she tugs on it, the tighter the ropes get around her wrist, meaning if she stops tugging and moves the rope right, it will give her a chance to slip it off. 

"Liz, I just killed three of your friends, who gave me the same bullshit answer!" The man yells over the sound of the train. 

All of the blood in Liz's face drains at the man's words. No. No, that's not true. Eggsy can't be dead. He's probably just saying that to get into her head. Liz needed to keep a calm thought process over all of this. She was going to break free and find Eggsy herself. 

"You're a fucking liar!" She shouts at the man. She refused to believe that Eggsy was dead. It just wasn't possible. Tears blurred her vision, but she kept working on the ropes. 

With her teeth, the rope loosens just enough for her hand to slip out of the ropes from being so thin. The man takes a small step back, slightly surprised to see she managed to get one arm free. Liz quickly begins to work on her other hand. 

The horn of the train blares even louder.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Liz swears at the top of her lungs. 

"Hey, Liz!" The man bellows with a grin. "Is Kingsman worth dying for?"

"Fuck you!" 

The headlights of the train nearly blind Liz. She works harder on the ropes, silently pleading for them to loosen for her to escape. She screams out in frustration. If she dies, Liz isn't worried about her mother, she's worried about Eggsy. Eggsy is her whole world.