17 - Mr. and Mrs. King

"Come on, Rox, I thought we were friends." Liz teasingly smiles at the girl that had become her best friend over the months. Despite having a gun pointed right at her head, she wasn't worried at all. "Think you could put the gun down, yeah?"

She could understand why Roxy would have a gun pointed at her head. They did show up to Kingsman Headquarters unannounced by using the room in the tailor shop to get there. 

Merlin tears his gaze away from Arthur's phone in his hand. He peers at his favorite duo. "It's okay, Lancelot. Put it down. It's verified."

Roxy lowers her gun back to her side. In response, Eggsy and Liz let their arms fall back to their sides instead of being held up in the air. 

"Arthur's phone is receiving update texts about getting to safety." Merlin begins to say. "We don't have a lot of time."

"What are you going to do?" Liz asks, curiously.

Merlin glances at the three. "The question is, what are we going to do? God knows who's in Valentine's pocket and who's not. We have no choice. We are gonna have to deal with this ourselves. Follow me."

From the very first day that Liz arrived at the headquarters, she had been dying to set foot in the area with all of aviation machines. There were so many jets, helicopters, planes, and so much more that had captured her attention. She knew that there was no way that she could have enough time in a day to check all of it out. 

She nearly squealed in delight when Merlin had them board a white jet. She was thrilled to be on it. If only it were under different circumstances. Liz is sitting in the leather chair next to Eggsy, eyeing the odd, metal parts that were inside a large bag on the floor.

Eggsy reaches over to pick up a piece of the yellow metal. "What the fuck is this?"

Liz shakes her head. "I have no idea." She looks over to Roxy and smiles. Liz would never admit it, but she was a little worried that without being a Kingsman, she would never see Roxy again. The two had grown so close.

Merlin leaves the cockpit to sit down in a chair by a desk that is filled with computers. "What you're playing with is a prototype, personal transatmospheric vehicle. It was developed as part of Reagan's Star Wars project." He spins the chair around to face them. "It's pretty basic, but it should still work."

Liz glances back at the yellow parts. Her question was who was going to be controlling it.

"We're gonna take out one of Valentine's satellites. We're gonna break the chain, stop the signal. It'll take him a couple hours to reroute it, which buys us enough time for you to get me into Valentine's mainframe, so I can shut it down." Merlin diverts his attention to Roxy. "Lancelot, you're going to be using it. Get into your halo suit."

Liz mentally breathed out in relief. That means that she would be- hopefully- working alongside with Eggsy. Merlin saw from all of their training that the two of them work best when they are together. They don't have to speak to know what the other is thinking and they just know how the other works in a fight. They are always in sync.

While Roxy goes to change, Merlin pulls out the chip that Eggsy and Liz had brought him before. He grabs an object that has a magnifying object on it and starts to look it over. "It seems the implant can emit some kind of counter signal to ensure the wearer remains unaffected by the waves from the SIM cards."

"You mean, the waves that turn everyone into a psycho killer." Liz corrects him. She leans closer to the desk that Merlin was working on.  She was curious by the chip.