08 - Walk

"Good job, Beau!" Liz praises her puppy as they jog down the pathway with everyone else. Beau happily wags his tail while running beside her legs, tongue sticking out of his mouth. A giggle slips out of Liz's mouth. 

The backpack is weighing Liz down a little bit, but she keeps her mind focused on jogging to ignore how heavy it is. Their training has officially begun, aside from the water test they did on the first night. Merlin said it was important for them to get used to others dying, sadly it had to be Amelia. Liz tightens her grip on the gun in her right hand and continue to jog. 

Liz glances over her shoulder to check on how Eggsy is doing until she sees he is a few feet back with a very stubborn J.B. slowing him down. Without a second thought, Liz moves out of the way to avoid anyone from running into Beau and herself, and jog back to where Eggsy is. 

"I'm not coming last 'cause of you!" Eggsy raises his voice at his puppy.

Liz comes to a stop in front of them with Beau at her boots, panting. "Eggsy, you alright?"

Eggsy angrily points his gun at the puppy, ignoring his girlfriend. "J.B., I'll shoot you, got it? I will fucking shoot you!"

"Eggsy!" Liz shouts at him, horrified with his behavior. "That's not how you talk to a dog to make it listen to you!" She crouches down beside the pug, gently rubbing it's back to soothe the now scared puppy. 

J.B. instantly shrinks in her side, eyeing the gun pointed at it. The gun is dropped back down to Eggsy's side when he sees his girlfriend by his dog. The puppy quietly whines against her leg. Beau hears the other puppy's whine and bumps his head against Liz's thigh.

"Merlin said we're not allowed to hold you!" Eggsy yells at JB. He looks up to where everyone else is. Everyone is probably a good thirty feet away. They were getting very behind and it's important that they all stay together because Merlin watches for teamwork. "Bullocks!"

Eggsy scoops JB up in his hands and begins to stuff him in his vest. Liz quickly figures out what he plans to do and loop the dog leash around her wrist before she attempts to help him. Liz pulls the front of his vest away from his chest as he gently slides the puppy in. JB's head sticks out from the top and he happily makes himself comfortable. 

"That's adorable." Liz gushes, grinning.

Eggsy cracks a smile while staring at his girlfriend. Out of nowhere, he reaches out to grab Liz's face in his hand and kisses her. Out of instinct, she kisses him back, enjoying the feel of his lips against hers. Lately, the two of them hadn't really had time alone to themselves because they were always being watched or surrounded by the rest of the group. 

"Eggsy!" Liz squeals and push him away, worried that Merlin is watching from somewhere. She wouldn't be surprised if he had cameras hidden everywhere or a drone flying about. 

"Sorry." Eggsy chuckles, grinning at her. "I couldn't resist myself. You're beautiful." 

Liz rolls my eyes. "Not in this outfit." Her hand gently tugs on Beau's leash to get his attention. "Come on, Beau. We gotta catch up." 

"You're always beautiful." Eggsy falls into a job beside her. 

Liz stares down at the dirt pathway, smiling to herself. Eggsy always had a way to make her feel special, even when she was certain she wasn't. Beside her, Eggsy watches her for a few seconds before staring ahead with JB's head bouncing up and down as he runs.

"How's Harry doing?" Liz asks as they slowly draw closer to the rest of the group. 

She knew that Harry was in an accident when he went out to get information on someone. An explosion of some sort went off and he was seriously hurt by it. Eggsy had gone to the on location hospital here at headquarters and tried to see how it was doing. According to Arthur and Merlin, the explosion had sent Harry into a serious coma, but his body was healing. When he decided to wake up was completely up to himself.