19 - Save The World

The door to the plane lowers back down to the ground. With their weapons at the ready, Merlin, Eggsy, and Liz stand in the opening ready to open fire if there are guards nearby. Liz hesitantly lowers her gun when she sees no one in sight except for the guards on the ground that Merlin shot. 

Eggsy races down the steps of the plane with Liz right behind him. They dash to the entrance of the many hallways. They knew what they have to do and they were ready to do so. Their guns held in their hands, they race alongside of each other through the hallways towards the direction of the main room.

"Shit!" Merlin says into their ear monitors. "Eggsy, Liz, Valentine's using someone else's satellite. He's going to reconnect the chain. It's going to take him no time at all. It's at twenty percent."

The duo push themselves faster. They dart into a new hallway and Eggsy slides across the ground. Liz takes the lead, pushing herself to run even faster.

"Eggsy, Liz, it seems Valentine's got a present for you. Get a move on!"

Their shoes pound against the red, linoleum floor as they dart down another hallway. Liz nearly falls backwards when she catches sight of the large group of guards in front of them. Eggsy grabs around her waist and pulls her behind his umbrella that he opens up. 

The guards shoot at the two honorary Kingsman, but fall when the bullets ricochet off of the umbrella. Eggsy twists the handle of the umbrella to press down on the trigger, shooting at the guards. The force is enough to send each guard flying backwards into the air. One of them hits a wall and blood splatters all over it. 

Liz reaches around the umbrella to shoot at two other guards. They lower down to a crouch to protect themselves better. A guard walks around the corner with a much larger gun in hand. Liz barely ducks down in time before the larger bullet breaks through the umbrella. 

"Oh, shit." Liz mumbles. She leans closer to Eggsy when another bullet flies past them. 

Remembering the last weapon Eggsy had grabbed on the plan, Liz shoves her hand into his pocket, pulling out the grenade. She flips to top off to activate it and throws it over the umbrella to the guards. The explosion sends all of the guards to the ground and gives the duo enough time to run down a different hallway. 

The next hallway is filling with more guards. They quickly change their direction, only to find more guards down the next hallway. Liz groans under her breath. This really wasn't working out in their favor. Determinedly, they shoot off a couple of bullets before sliding over to hid against a doorway on the wall. 

They press their backs against the metal door, panting. Gunshots fly off in either direction, guards most likely closing in on them. 

"Merlin, we're fucked." Eggsy pants.

"As am I." Merlin replies.

"They're coming at us from both sides." Liz tells him. "We've ran out of options."

Eggsy's free hand slides down between the two of them, intertwining their fingers tightly. "Rox, I need a favor. Call my mum. Tell her to lock herself away from Dean and the baby. And tell her I love her."

Liz squeezes Eggsy's hand and gazes up at him. Their eyes lock onto each other, both filled with worry and defeat. They could hear the guards drawing in closer to them. They only have seconds before gunfire will rain down upon them.

"I love you." Liz tells him with her whole heart.

Eggsy rubs his thumb over the back of her hand. "I love you, too." 

A random memory replays over in Liz's head. She tears her gaze away from Eggsy, eyebrows furrowing. "Merlin, remember those implants you said were of no use to us?" She asks, turning back to Eggsy, who starts to smile when he understands what she means. "Any chance you can turn them on?"