"Over extended vagina"

CHAPTER NINE

Alana had been upgraded to year eleven algebra after about half an hour. I gave her the question 10x + 5 divided by 3 = 4. Childs play.

"I can't do this."

"You're doing fine. Just remember the steps."

"I don't know what they are!"

"I'll tell you again."

"No! Stop it Luke! Just shut up!" She slammed her head on the table causing me to wince.

"We can take a break?" I suggested.

"Yeah I'd like that." She said into her arm.

We sat in silence for a bit. I was letting her burn off some steam by resting.  My voice always seemed to aggravate people so I stayed quiet and let her anger vanish.

Her head lifted from the desk and she sighed. She lifter her gaze and looked at me. Ours eyes met leaving me with a burning in the pit of my stomach.  I Quickly looked away and stared at the table.

"How's your nose?" I finally said breaking the silence.

"it's fine. I can't say the same for my shirt though. I had to throw it out."

"Oh crap I'm sorry. It looked expensive."

"It was 100 dollars."

My eyes widened. "Shit now I really feel bad." 

She shrugged. "It's no big deal."

"Why do you  but such expensive clothes?"

"I can afford it."

I frowned. So I guess she was one of those rich girls who just throw around money like confetti. That explained her personality.

I never had money like that. My family just made it by. I didn't even have a cell phone. About the only seventeen year old who didn't have one.

I always thought the rich people would be generous and help out the poor, since they had more than enough money.  But this wasn't a book about a perfect world. It was reality. People don't do that.

"Well I can you a new one." I said immediately shutting my mouth. Um no you cannot.

"No it's okay."

I let out a huge sigh. "Oh thank God. I have no idea why I said that."

She giggled. Yes she actually giggled at  something I said.

Her face softened and she smiled. "You know you're actually pretty chill."

"Does that mean I'm cool?"

She laughed. "Don't get ahead of yourself. I just mean you're not as bad as I thought you were. You know when to leave me alone. Most guys are always all over me. hey treat me like a toy. You're different."

It was my turn to smile. I didn't know what was happening but I wasn't complaining.  "Is it better than being at that party?"

"of course not!" She exclaimed. My face dropped and she must of noticed. "But it's not bad."

She got from the bed and knelt beside me. She rested her hand on my cheek.  Her touch was warm and soft. "Michael did this?"

Oh right. My face looks like shit. I should of known that was the only reason she'd put a hand on me. "Uh yeah. It's not a big deal." I replied and looked away.

"It kind of is." She stood up and grabbed my hand. "Come on lets go put some make up on your face." She pulled me into the bathroom and sat me on the toilet.  O felt disappointed when she let go of my hand.