Chapter 1: Prologue

Hell no. Not now.

I sprint up the stairs, my legs burning with every step. I can hear the Elxi's shouts getting closer as I start to slow down.

Crap. Shifter don't fail me now.

Throwing open the door to the roof, I look down to the city.

Dirt or water. Dirt or water, I chant in my head. "Yes!" I see a lady carrying a jug of water on her head.

Focusing is the hardest part. I ignore the Elxi's yells, ignore my burning legs and pounding heart. I suddenly feel cooler, more in control. I thrust my hands out in front of me as I focus on the water.

Rise, I command. The water starts swirling in the jug, causing the woman to yelp and jump back. I pull my arms back, the bracelets on my arms jingling. The water follows, quickly rising to surround me.

Hell yes.

I wrap my arms around me, forcing the water to encompass me.

The Elxi break through the doors, causing me to lose my concentration for a bit. The water clings to my body, suspended in air.

"Fire!" The Elxi in front yells as they load their guns.

Come on Kira. A wall. A shield.

The water suddenly springs to life infront of me, creating a wall. Their bullets get frozen in the small shield of ice.

Knowing I don't have much time, I twist and gently put my feet at the windowsill on the outside of the building. Quickly climbing down, I jump and take off running to Camp Aeras.

Take that Elxi.

[][][][][][][][][]

Hey! So I decided to try another story. Tell me what you think!