Chapter 6

The next four hours are strenuous. We stop every half an hour, checking Ralph's wound. He looses consciousness a couple times and I know we need to move fast. By the time we make it back to camp, it is 4:30 pm.

"Hey!" I yell loudly. "Get me medical! NOW!" I scream when no one does anything. A young lady runs off, but most of the people stare at us in shock, and I can't blame them. Every time we stopped, we would change the bandage. Which means Brady is shirtless, my jacket is zipped up because my shirt is currently wrapped around his leg, and both our extra shirts are gone. We are carrying a dirty teenage boy whose left leg is covered in his blood. Blood covers my fingertips and jacket, and we both are slouched as our shoulders scream in pain. Relief floods through me as Bea runs out, carrying a stretcher along with her assistant, Mia.

"Lay him down here." She orders. Brady carefully lays him down, watching his leg closely. Ralph reaches out and grabs my hand, looking at me desperately through his dark eyes. I kneel down next to him and brush his light hair out of his eyes.

"Don't worry. You are going to be fine." I whisper to him, keeping my eyes locked onto his. He lets go of my hand and grabs the bag that he was carrying.

"Check... papers..." He whispers, his voice barely audible. I nod and grab the bag, protectively clutching it to my chest as they walk him away quickly.

"Brady, come on." I lead him to my tent to look at the papers. "Start looking. I'll be right back."

I know Xavier must have been worried when we left without telling anyone so I run to his tent and let him know we are back.

"Kira! There you are. Where were you?" He looks surprised that I'm wearing a jacket in the heat, but thankfully doesn't question.

"I'll tell you later, I promise. I need you to meet me at the Big Tent with Bea and Thomas in 15 minutes."

I run back to my tent and find Brady shuffling through the papers, thankfully with a shirt on.

"Here." He throws me one of his shirts, his eyes never leaving the papers. I shed my jacket and slip into the loose green tee shirt.

"Kira... You should see this." He hands me a picture as I sit down. It's the only family picture of me, Reyna and my parents. They both have an X through them and my face is circled. I turn it around and see it has a simple page number: 33. I set it down next to me and shuffle though the papers finding 33. It's titled "Blanchard." A shiver runs down my spine as I start to read.

Blanchard

Father: Edward Blanchard
Abilities: Water, Air
Powerful: No. Take out.

Mother: Cora Blanchard
Abilities: Water, Dirt
Powerful: Yes. Take out.

Daughter: Reyna Blanchard
Abilities: Air, Dirt
Powerful: No. Keep.

Daughter: Kira Blanchard
Abilities: Unknown.
Powerful: Yes. Take out.

After take outs

Edward: Done.
No threat.

Cora: Done.
No threat.

Reyna: Unknown.
No threat. Locate and recruit.

Kira: Unknown.
Threat. Take out immediately.

I set the paper down with shaky hands. "Locate and recruit" can only mean one thing. Is Reyna working for the Elxi?

"We need to show them this." I say standing up. I fold the paper and slip it into my jeans pocket along with the picture.

"We need to show Ralph too." Brady picks up the bag and slides the papers in. Slinging the bag over his shoulder he looks at me. "He got them, he-"