chapter 1: what else can it be

Rukia's POV:

Ichigo and I were walking home from school. It had been a pretty slow day. We were both quiet. Suddenly beep beep, my phone buzzed alerting us there was a hollow. Ichigo didn't hesitate and turned to his soul reaper form and took off. I ran after him as fast as I could, attempting to catch up. When I arrived I saw ichigo in action dodging explosives that the hollow had been throwing. He almost had got hit.

"Ichigo, it's a Shieker, watch out for the explosives it throws!"I called worriedly.

Shooting a thumbs up in my direction he tracked the hollows moments. When the hollow stopped throwing explosives, Ichigo took the opportunity and jumped and sliced the hollows mask in half. The hollow gave a loud roar. I watched as it disintegrated.

As Ichigo turned back into his human form I found myself starring at him. I felt something inside I never felt before.

Wow it has been two years since I met ichigo. The boy I met was gone replaced instead by the slim physique of a man. I heard loud thumping . It was my heart. Why was it beating so fast and loud?

I kept thinking as Ichigo and I started to walk to his House. He's just a friend I can't be thinking of him like this. I can't feel this way for him.

"Yo Rukia, why are you so quiet?" Ichigo asked interrupting my thoughts .

"Oh no reason. I'm fine," I replied looking him in the face. I started to feel the same way as before.

Thankfully right then Ichigo's dad came flying out of the front door,
distracting Ichigo as he focused his attention on dodging his crazy
father's attack.

I wanted to be alone to have some time to think and figure things out. I walked inside and saw yuzu. I informed her and tried to convince her that I wasn't really hungry and that I would eat later so she wouldn't worry. After that I walked up the stairs into Ichigo's closet. I sat there for a moment just staring into space. A while later I closed the doors as I layed down.

---------------------------------------
A /N: this was a rewrite of my first chapter I had help from rukiakuchiki18 and added some of their ideas. I hope that this is much better than the first for those who read (⌒▽⌒)