chapter 7: stay

Third person POV:

Ichigo sat there at Orihime's house with his class work in front of him. Orihime was attempting to explain the assignment but Ichigo wasn't paying a bit of attention, he was too lost in his thoughts.

Damn look at what my lies have gotten me to. I wonder if Rukia was the one helping me, if I would pay attention? What could that midget be doing right now? She's probably just making crappy chappy drawings or eating some of Yuzu's delicious food. What could have been troubling her this whole time? It's probably just because she's stressed with school and fighting hollows that she is too embarrassed to ask for help.

"Ichigo did you understand that part?" Orihime questioned interrupting his thoughts. Ichigo turned to Orihime and didn't know what to say since he wasn't paying attention.

"Hmm, oh yeah sorry about Orihime I wasn't paying attention," he replied while scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

"You probably can't pay attention because you're hungry. We should eat. I have the ingredients to make one of my special dishes," said Orihime. Ichigo knew how all of Orihime's food turned out. She had a weird taste for food. He quickly told her that he wasn't hungry at all but was just tired.

"It's kind of getting late. I should head home now. We can continue this tomorrow," said Ichigo while standing up. Orihime,nodded her head as she walked him to the door. When Ichigo walked through it he felt the cool night breeze flow smoothly as his hair moved. He suddenly heard a strange grumbling sound. He noticed it was his stomach.

Would you look at that, I guess I was hungry. Good thing my stomach didn't growl when I was with Orihime. She Would have probably made me eat her weird combination of food, he thought.

As he walked into his house he noticed that all the lights were off except for the kitchen. As he approached the kitchen he noticed a plate of food left on the table. He didn't hesitate to go eat as he felt his stomach grumble once more.

I wonder why the lights are off. It's not that late for everyone to be asleep, especially Rukia. She can't be off fighting a hollow, she would have warned me. Well the way she had been acting maybe she is... He quickly finished his food leaving his stomach satisfied. Walking up stairs he noticed the absence of Rukia's reiatsu like a missing limb. First checking his room he then walked over to Karin and Yuzu's, knocking before entering.

"Ni-Chan you're finally home! I hope you ate the food I left out for you," Yuzu exclaimed the moment he opened the door.

"Yeah I did, thanks for that. Have you seen Rukia?" asked Ichigo. Yuzu stayed quiet as she tried to remember were the raven hair girl had went. She told him that Rukia had eaten and then told them that she would be going to visit he brother for a while.

Rukia has gone to see her brother? Wait that means she will be going to the Soul Society to see Bakuya. If she goes to the Soul Society there is no telling when she will come back. She can't leave I need her here, he thought to himself.

"Ichigo are you okay?" questioned Yuzu interrupting Ichigo from his thoughts.

"I have to go," Ichigo replied as he stood up. He ran onto the streets hoping to see the raven hair girl. He knew that if she was going to the Soul Society she must be going to Kiskue's. He was the only one that can open up the Senkaimon. He quickly ran hoping that it wouldn't be too late. In his haste Ichigo nearly plowed through someone.

"Watch where you're going Kurosaki,"exclaimed Uryu while pushing up his glasses. Ichigo felt like he didn't have time to be arguing with Uryu at the moment. He quickly realized that Uryu may have seen Rukia.

"Uryu have you seen Rukia?" Questioned Ichigo. Uryu informed him that he saw her walking towards the Urahara shop a couple of minutes ago. Ichigo didn't hesitate and took off running. He suddenly felt a spiritual pressure followed by a roar. Dammn it I don't have time for this, he thought. As he saw the hollow he took out his soul reaper pass.

"I don't have time for this so I'll finish you off quickly," yelled Ichigo as he released his Getsuaga Tensho. After the hollow disintegrated he got back into his body and continued looking for Rukia. He stopped as he saw a small figure walking slowly just a few inches from the Urahara shop. He couldn't feel any spiritual pressure from the figure, as if they were hiding it.

"Rukia!" shouted Ichigo. The figure quickly turned around. Ichigo knew it was her as he starred into her violet eyes. They both stood there for a couple of seconds till Rukia turned back around.

She murmured,"Sorry Ichigo I have to go and nothing can stop me."

"What the hell. Is your problem Rukia? Why have you been acting odd lately? Where's the Rukia that I know? The one who never gives up but fights till the end? If something is bothering you tell me. Weren't you the one who told me that if something is bothering me that I should tell you? Now I'm telling you, you can do the same with me. Just tell me what's wrong," Ichigo pleaded; hurt and confusion making him distraught. Rukia stood still as she stepped away from the shop's doors.

" I will help you get through this just like you have helped me all this time. If you leave it would feel like you're giving up on me," he stated quietly. Rukia didn't know what to do, she knew that her liking Ichigo would bring her more problems. After all he said she didn't want to seem weak. Maybe I should tell him how I feel, thought I doubt that he could help me get over him, she thought.

"What's all that noise- Oh Kuchiki-San and Ichigo what are you doing out here at this hour?" Questioned Urahara as he walked out the store's doors. They both looked is what they told him nothing just taking a nightly stroll. Kiskue gave then a sheepish smile at them.

"Ahh a nightly stroll, nothing more romantic for people,who are in love," said Kisuke. Ichigo and Rukia both shocked by the comment quickly let him know that they were just friends. As Kiskue walked inside he murmured "sure" with a devilish smile.

He came to look for me. He really does care, doesn't he. Even if it's only as a friend it calmed my heart. Thank you Ichigo. Maybe staying here won't be that bad, thought Rukia.

"Come home Rukia," pleaded Ichigo. Rukia nodded her head in approval. The two teenagers soon began to walk home.

Rukia and I having a romantic stroll? I don't,know why but it doesn't sound half bad... Wait what am I thinking? Well at least she's coming home with me where she will be safe, thought Ichigo. Rukia was thankful that it was night so that Ichigo wouldn't notice her slight blush, as unbeknownst to him, she was having similar thoughts.

"I thought you were just scared and stressed from school and hollows that you couldn't handle it," said Ichigo breaking the silence.

"Tch, no you idiot it's not that. I just wanted something but at the end I didn't get it," replied Rukia.

"What if I helped you get that something?" Questioned Ichigo. Rukia's mind,went blank as he said that. If only you knew Ichigo, she thought.

"It's fine," she murmured. As they arrived to Ichigo's home they both went to his room. Ichigo felt relief knowing that Rukia was there with him. He felt kind of terrible that she didn't have what she wanted. An idea came to his mind to make the small Shinigami feel better.

"Goodnight Rukia," said Ichigo.
"Goodnight Ichigo."