chapter 4: A Burden?

Rukia's POV:

Damn it Ichigo why did you have to come? I could have finished that hollow off by myself. Now I just feel like I am weak and that you always have to sweep in and help. Damn it, not only do I feel strange about him but now I feel like I am a burden, but I can't just ignore him and forget him. Even if I tried the bond that we have is too strong that it will never be broken. I should probably go look for him.

As I was walking near the park I spotted two orange blurrs in the distance. My heart started to beat faster as I walked closer. I didn't know if I was ready to face him after this strange feeling that I have been having. When I was directly behind them I heard Orihime talk.

"I-Ichigo I have to tell you what I feel because I can't help but feel jealous when your with Rukia. How silly of me but Ichigo I like you,"whispered Orihime.

Did she just say that she liked him and that she felt jelaous of me? I couldn't stay there anymore I felt like I was just troubling them. I walked away but in the corner of my eye I saw Ichigo and Orihime watch me walk away. Damn, my best friend, she's jealous of me. Could she not confess the she felt because I am always there? Am I just trouble here in the world of the living?

I stopped thinking as I noticed I was in front of Urahara's shop.I entered and saw Kisuke sitting down fanning himself. He noticed that I walked in and put away his fan.

"Oi, Rukia why that face?" He asked with a smirk. Damn I had been to caught up in thought that I didn't realize I was frowning. I told him it was nothing as I waved off his concern.Kisuke stood up and walked over to me. Damn he saw straight through my lie.

"You know I think that that you should just go back and tell Ichigo about those strange feelings." He said with a sheepish smile. For some reason I thought he was joking but deep inside I knew that he was right. I informed Kisuke that I didn't have any feeling for Ichigo but he knew I was lying. I really didn't care if he believed me or not. I walked out and made my way to Ichigo's house.

When I got there I was greeted by Isshin and Yuzu. I informed them that I would be staying there again. They nodded as I walked up the stairs to Ichigo's room. I sat there in the closet with the doors open. Was I really a burden to him?

Ichigo's POV:

Orihime and I sat there as we watched Rukia walk away. Why was she leaving? Was it because she heard what Orihime said? Was she jealous because of what she heard? I mentally slapped myself at the thought of that. Rukia would never feel that way for me.

"Ichigo I am going home now but I think you should go check on Rukia," whispered Orihime as she stood up. I nodded my head in approval as she walked away. When I got home Yuzu greeted me. It was already dark outside so she told me dinner was ready. I took a seat to enjoy the meal Yuzu had prepared. I knew Rukia would be with Kisuke so I decided to check on her tomorrow since we would be going to school.

"Ichigo, my precious Rukia has not eaten yet! Go tell her dinner's ready," yelled my dad while barging into the kitchen. Wait why did he say to go tell Rukia dinners ready? She's isn't here she's at Urahara's. With the thought of that I ran up the stairs. When I opened my door I saw a petite figure sitting on my bed. Her head shot up as she noticed my presence in my room. As I walked over she stood up.

"Rukia what the hell has been going on with you? First you don't let me know when a hollow appears and you decide to walk away without saying a word to me when Orihime healed you. What the hells happening?" I asked in a angry tone. Rukia just looked at the wall without response. Her facial expression was emotionless. I could tell something was wrong as I stared in her eyes.

"I-ichigo I," she said. Then she was interrupted as my window slammed open, feeling a gust of wind.