chapter 10: missing

Third person POV:

Rukia finally arrived at school after what seemed a long walk for her. She sat down in her seat being on time as usual. She saw a group of her friends talking on the other side of the room.

Maybe Ichigo is over there, she thought as she walked over to her friends. Tatsuki and Kiego noticed her presence and greeted her. She looked around hoping to see Ichigo but she noticed he wasn't there.

"Have you guys seen Ichigo?" She questioned in her school girl voice. The others let her know that they haven't seen him since he left with Orihime yesterday. Rukia thanked them for the information and sat back down.

Where could he be? That is strange of him not coming home. He didn't even warn Yuzu and Karin. I know he's fine, but why do I feel like there's something off about him lately? She stared at the door hoping that Ichigo would walk through it. She felt her disappointment grow as each person who wasn't Ichigo walked through the doors, the clock counting down the minutes until class making her hope shrink. She then spotted Renji and decided to go up to him. Renji saw her approaching him. He all of the sudden felt his heart beat faster remembering how he confessed to her. He thought maybe she was going to give him an answer today.

"Hey Renji have you seen Ichigo?" Rukia questioned. As Renji heard her question he felt sad. She wasn't there to tell him how she felt. All Renji wanted was to hear his childhood friend say she liked him and felt the same way too.

"No I haven't," Renji replied in a low tone as he walked to his seat. Rukia found that unusual of him he never walked away from her when they spoke. Then she remembered how he expressed his feelings to her last night. She followed Renji and sat down in her seat in front of him.

"Renji I-," Rukia said while looking back before she got interrupted by the bell. She quickly turned around as the class begun. As the teacher checked if everyone was there she noticed a bright orange in the corner of her eye. Her heart racing she turned, hoping to see Ichigo but it was just Orihime.

If Ichigo was with Orihime last night why isn't he here? Why is Orihime here but Ichigo is missing? This is strange for him to miss school and to not come home without telling someone. Orihime has to know what must have happened to him, Rukia thought. She opened her notebook and set her thoughts aside as she focused on her work.

Renji noticed Rukia's worried expression as she wrote down her assignment. She must be thinking about that idiot. Why does she worry so much about Ichigo? He clearly likes Orihime since all he does is spend time with her. Where is he anyways? Rukia's probably worried about what he's doing right now. Ugh, why can't she just forget about him and open her eyes? thought Renji. He soon to began to do his work for a change.