chapter 11: the search

Third person POV:

Rukia woke up extra early in the morning. She walked out of the closet hoping to see Ichigo asleep in his bed. Just seeing his bed untidy would have calmed Rukia's heart. At least with that she would have know Ichigo had came home. Entering the room she sighed sadly to herself when she saw the tidy but empty room.

Rukia had decided to search for Ichigo if he hadn't returned that morning. Since it was Saturday, school wouldn't be a bother to her. The small Shinigami couldn't handle not knowing why Ichigo left with out telling her. She was determined to find him no matter what.

She walked out the house quietly hoping not to wake anyone. She sighed as she walked to the Urahara shop. A feeling in her gut told her Kiskue knew something about Ichigo's whereabouts. Her pace got quicker as the urge to find Ichigo increased. She slowed down at the sight of the shops door's. As she opened the doors she spotted the man she was looking for sitting on the floor. His head looked her direction as she called his name.

"Ah Rukia, are you here to purchase more things?" Kiskue questioned. Rukia shook her head no. Her actions made Kiskue confused. Rukia mainly only visited for business reasons.

"I have an important question," Rukia said with a serious tone. Kiskue stood up and walked towards Rukia. He had a sheepish smile on his face for some reason. Rukia felt like she didn't have time for his games or jokes. She had to find Ichigo.

"Do you know where Ichigo is?" Rukia continued. All of the sudden Kiskue's smile went into a frown. He looked at the ground thinking about what was asked. He looked up with a serious expression that soon was replaced with a smirk.

"Oh I see you looking for Ichigo? May I ask why?" He questioned. As Kiskue smirk didn't leave his expression Rukia began to feel going there was a waste of time.

"Forget I asked," she stated coldy, deciding to find Ichigo with or without his help. With that Kiskue finally noticed how serious Rukia was being.

"Wait, other then the shop I would say he's in the Soul Society. We both know that, but I haven't opened the Senkaimon for no one," Kiskue replied. Rukia felt like the information wouldn't help her but still she thanked him before walking out.

Damn it Ichigo where could you be? Why are you running from your problems instead of telling me? We told each other we would help each other. I'm sorry I tried to run away from my problem of liking you but I know now that you will help me get through it. We are a team and much more than that. Where else can you be? Wait I haven't checked the park, Rukia thought as she was walking.

She began to run towards the direction of the park. She saw the play ground and heard the laughter of people. She felt happy as she thought one of the many voices could belong to Ichigo. She looked around trying to find the orange hair boy or to look into his brown eyes. She felt a pain in her stomach as she didn't see him in the crowds of people.

She sat down as she felt her legs feel weak. She looked up at the bright shining sun as she heard her stomach grumble. She ignored it not caring if she ate. All she cared was to find her friend. She got up and began to walk around the town. When she walked through crowds of people she hoped to find Ichigo in them but her hopes were shot down when she found nothing.