∂αy σηє

Darkness infringed on me as I looked at the empty pill bottle and then back at the letter I held in my hand. It said:

Mom, I'm sorry for leaving you all alone. I thought I was strong enough, but I just can't handle it anymore. Please carry on for me and tell my best friend that I'm sorry for breaking our promise.

                                                                                                                                  -Love Fawn

I closed my eyes and with a smile, I accepted my fate. For some reason, I floated on a cloud as darkness started to wash over me and to my left were all the people who have ever hurt me. They were surrounded by a dark aura and had devil like grins on their faces. To my right were the people who I loved and supported me when I was a depressed mess. They had a sad expression on their faces. Their eyes were all on me and gave me chills. The farther I drifted on the cloud, the more their faces faded and the clearer the demons grew. Soon, I was surrounded by them and their maniacal laughter. They kept repeating the same things every one of the kids back at school said. Mean. Ugly. Go kill yourself. You're worthless. No one wants you here. I covered my ears in hopes of drowning them out, but they only got louder. I screamed as one of them picked me up and threw me off the cloud. Where it touched me, it left burn marks. As I fell, I looked down and saw a black hole; it soon engulfed me.

***

I woke up with a start and looked around. This wasn't heaven. This was the worst kind of hell; reality. But something was off. This wasn't my room. The walls were bland, it was cold and the only window was  a small square that was out of reach and had thick bars over it. Where the hell was I? And why did I have an IV attached to my arm? Then a shiny plaque caught my attention; The Suicide Rehabilitation Center. I was in rehab? What? I quickly got out of bed and ripped the IV out of my arm. I tried the door and it opened. I looked down the corridor and saw that it was empty and I took the chance. I ran as if wolves were bitting at my heels. No doubt they would see me in the security room, but I had time. I had to have time. I went wherever the corridor took me, looking at the signs for guidance and the walls for support as I hadn't full recovered yet. Then I saw a flash of white in the corner of my eye. He yelled at me to stop. I moved faster but my energy was sapping away quickly. The corridor started to spin and I stummbled. That was all it took as the man in white grabbed my hands and restrained me. I felt a sharp pain and my eyes widened as I realized what just happened before I blacked out again.

***

I started to open my eyes and everything started to slowly come to. I jumped a little as I saw a smiling face looking down at me. "Oh I am so glad you're awake! For a second I thought I injected you with too much anesthetic!"

"Who the hell are you?" I exclaimed.

"I'm Alexander, your very own personal nurse." He said with a slight bow.