Mine Again

It was two in the afternoon and Ellie was still dragging Fawn around from store to store. 

"Ellieeee." Fawn whined. "Can we just take a break? I'm tired."

Ellie and Fawn's mom looked at her and they both yelled 'no' in unison. 

Fawn huffed and entered the store with them and Ellie looked around, disappointed when she didn't see a dress that was suitable for Fawn. 

"How may I help you?" One of the girls that worked there asked.

"Ah, yes." Ellie replied. "We need a dress for that girl, pronto. Her dance is tomorrow." She said pointing at Fawn.

The girl came and circled around Fawn like a vulture circling around it's next meal. Fawn tensed up as the girl grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the back of the store. The girl motioned for her to stay put as she went behind a door that said 'employees only'. It wasn't even a minute before she returned, hiding something behind her back.

"I believe this would suit you the best." She said, grinning widely as she revealed the dress.

Ellie and Fawn's mom gasped while Fawn groaned. It was a scarlet red, silk dress that was tight at the top, short in the front but long in the back. The back of the dress fell in long waves and had subtle ruffles, giving it volume which added a nice touch to the dress. It was one shouldered and had a trail of sparkles that led down to the other side.  

Ellie grabbed it and shoved it into Fawn's hands. "You will try it on." She commanded, giving Fawn that look that meant she better do it or something bad would happen to her.

Fawn looked away and gulped before saying, "This isn't my style. Plus, it's too eye catching and flashy for me."

Ellie face-palmed. "That's the point. Now go in there and try it on!" She demanded, ushering Fawn towards the dressing room.

Fawn grumbled and went into it. When she came out, everyone just stared at her, making her bite her lip out of nervousness. "Well... say something guys!" She urged, wanting to go back into the dressing room because their staring made her feel uncomfortable.

The dress hugged her body perfectly, showing off every curve she had and the color made her more radiant as it catched her complexion perfectly. The front part of the dress reached mid-thigh and the longer part just barely caressed the floor. As Fawn moved about, the dress flowed behind her, making her movements seem more graceful and elegant. It was the dress. 

"You look beautiful, honey!" Her mom breathed, still gawking at Fawn as she clasped her hands and brought them up to her mouth. As Fawn looked closer, she could tell that her mom was fighting back tears. She blushed and looked at the ground, fidgeting with her hands. Ellie walked up to her and lifted her face up. "I don't think you should get this dress." Ellie said bluntly, looking at Fawn with a straight face.

"W-why?" Fawn stammered, disappointed. She actually liked the way the dress looked on her.

"Because I don't think Alex will be able to control himself around you." She said, breaking out into a mischievous grin while winking at Fawn.

Fawn's eyes went wide and she looked mortified as she quickly spun around to hide the blush that flared over her face. In the mirror in front of her, she saw that Ellie had already disappeared and was talking to the girl, nodding her head eagerly as she took out a credit card. 

"Wait, Ellie! You don't have to pay!" Fawn cried out, quickly walking towards her. Ellie just stuck out her tongue at her.

-------