The Dance

As the limo approached the building, the bass of the song that was currently playing was shaking the car. Fawn slightly moved her feet, already itching to dance. Alex glanced down at her leg and put a hand on her thigh. "Nervous?" He askedl slightly squeezing it. 

Fawn laughed. "Far from it. I'm just waiting to get out of this car and start dancing." 

Alex raised his eyebrow, amused by her response. "Really? Well... this outta be interseting." 

Fawn shot him a glare as he snickered. "I'm actually very good at dancing, thank you very much." The limo came to a stop and Alex opened the door, walking around to the other side to open Fawn's. He grabbed her hand to help her get out of the car without tripping over her own feet. 

"Shall we?" Alex asked, glancing at Fawn with a big, goofy grin. 

"We shall." She responded as they walked hand in hand inside the building that looked like it shook from the loud music. Fawn's eyes glistened with excitement as the bass went through her. She quickly walked towards the dance floor, dragging Alex behind her. When she got there, she closed her eyes and let her body move to the rhythm, this time not caring who saw her. When she felt the errie feeling of someone looking at her, she snapped her eyes open and saw that Alex was staring at her with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"W-what?" She stuttered, a little bit flustered by his expression. 

He shook his head, snapping out of his daze and gave Fawn a wide smile that showed off his pearly white and straight teeth. He said nothing in response to her question. Fawn shrugged and went back to her dancing and as she did, she felt someone move up behind her, placing their hands on her waist. She smiled, knowing it was Alex. They danced together all night and every time a girl asked Alex if he wanted to dance, he just shook his head, wrapping his arm around Fawn's waist, pulling her closer. When the girls finally understood, they looked so heartbroken that Fawn started feeling sorry for them and almost told Alex that he could dance with one or two of them, but she knew that she would get jealous. He was hers and hers only. 

As Alex was dancing with Fawn, he looked at her. He still couldn't believe that she was finally his again. He couldn't resist getting even closer to her, wrapping his arms around her and moving together with her body. He felt people staring at them and he imagined that they were staring at how perfectly syncronized their bodies were, not in a sexual way of course, but in a loving way that only a lover holding his beloved could manage. He loved the way the dress flowed around her as she smoothly moved to the music. Her hair bounced around her beautiful face and he couldn't hold back a smile. Every once in a while a guy would try to approach her, but he warded them off with a quick glare while wrapping his arms around her waist. Speaking of guys, where was Dakota? He asked himself, wondering where the annoying bastard was. Before he could scan the room for him, someone tapped the microphone and everyone turned their heads to the stage. Fawn did a double take when she saw who it was. 

"Okay everyone, this is the last song of the night, so grab that special someone and bring them close." Ellie said, motioning her hand towards the DJ who started playing a song. 

Fawn's ears perked up when she heard what song it was. No... how did she know? She thought. Alex looked at Fawn with a sly smile and Fawn's eyes widened in realization. He planned it. 

"May I have this dance, lovely lady?" He asked as he slightly bowed, holding out his hand.

Fawn couldn't hold back her smile and she grinned so widely that her cheeks started to hurt. "Yes you may, good sir." She said as she grabbed his hand. The moment she did, he gently pulled her hand, making her stumble towards him. Fawn wrapped her arms around his neck and he her waist, the same way they did on the night in the park. The night that that announcer made them dance and kiss. The same song was playing and Fawn couldn't think of a more perfect way to end the night. She rested her head against his chest and sighed. After a few moments of rocking back and forth in each other's arms, she felt him lean his head down, and his breath tickled her ear as he whispered the same part of the song in her ear as that night. 

Fawn pulled back and looked him in the eyes. "You sure know how to woo a lady." 

He looked back at her too, mirroring her fond expression. "Well, I am a charming and sexy guy." He responded and they both burst out laughing, not because it wasn't true, just the fact that he said that. 

When Alex stopped laughing and looked up, he saw Dakota walking towards them, his hands behind his back. Alex narrowed his eyes at him, but that didn't stop Dakota who now had a determined and evil look on his face. Alex felt his stomach churn, dread and anxiety flowing through his being. He let go of Fawn and started walking towards Dakota to tell him to leave them be, but then, the lights suddenly turned off and people started screaming. Alex quickly turned around because he heard a muffled scream where Fawn should have been. He reached out his hands in hopes of finding her but his hands only grabbed thin air. Panic began to shoot through him and he started calling out Fawn's name, his voice getting louder with each passing second. 

The lights turned on and Alex blinked a few times before he could see clearly. When the dots finally disappeared, he didn't see Fawn in front of him. He spun in circles, his eyes desperately scanning the area. He also noticed that Dakota wasn't there. All of a sudden, he heard the revving of a motorcycle as it sped off into the distance. Anger and despair shot through him and he took quick, short breaths, suddenly feeling like there wasn't enough air in the room. 

He just stood there, willing his feet to move, but they wouldn't listen. It was as if they were glued to the ground. A hand landed gently on his shoulder and he glanced towards the person next to him. "What happened, Alex?" Ellie asked worriedly, her eyes wide and glossy.

"Ryan..." Alex whispered, barely audible. 

Ellie gasped, but then her eyes narrowed into slits. It was hard to tick off Ellie, but when you did, your life was going to become a living hell. If she ever got her hands on Ryan, he would be begging her to kill him.