Fools and Idiots

Fawn stared at Alex with her mouth slightly gaped open. Her face expressed regret and she sighed. 

"Alex...Dakota...he already asked me and I said yes." Her eyes were pained as she said this.

Alex's face dropped and he balled up his hands as he shot up out of his seat, sending it flying backwards. He saw Dakota coming towards their table and his anger began to bubble. Alex started to stride towards him but Ellie blocked his way. 

"Alex, calm down. Just take a deep breath and turn around." She pleaded, putting her hands on his shoulders.

Alex glared at Ellie. "You couldn't have left me alone." He said as he spun on his heel and left the pizzeria. 

Ellie's face dropped and her eyes expressed pain and guilt. She walked over to Fawn and asked what happened. 

"Hey asked me to... to go to the dance with him, but I told him no because Dakota already asked me." Fawn said softly, staring at the ground. 

"What?!" Ellie gasped in surprise. 

"It was stupid of me." Fawn muttered bitterly as she looked at Dakota with distaste. She was sick and tired of Elizabeth's plan. Fawn's hands curled up on the table and she jumped out of her seat, her face contorted in anger and determination. "I'm done." She growled. "I'm done with hurting him." She yelled as she started to tear up. "I just want this nightmare to end." She spun around and ran after Alex. 

Fawn looked around desperately for him but he was no where in sight. She ran her hands through her hair as she looked up at the sky, exasperated. "Where can he be?!" She yelled in frustration. Fawn was about to return to the pizzeria in defeat but gasped when she realized that the park where they first kissed was nearby. She started sprinting toward it and when she got there, her eyes immediately scanned the area. Of course, with her luck, she didn't find him. 

"Excuse me, but did you seen a guy wearing a light blue shirt and dark jeans?" Fawn asked a passing guy that looked to be a little bit older than her. "He has black hair and green eyes." 

"Aw, aren't you cute." He said, ruffling her hair. "Lost your boyfriend huh?"

"He's not my boyfriend..." She mumbled, crossing her arms and turning her face so he wouldn't see her blush.

The stranger laughed. "Your face says it all. Well, I wouldn't want a pretty girl like you to be upset any longer. I'll help you look for him. Actually, I think he went that way..." He mused, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "Well, let's see if I'm right." He said as he grabbed Fawn's hand and led her to one of the many paths that divided the park.

"So, what's your name?" He asked. "I'm Mike." 

"My name's Fawn."

"Fawn, that's an interesting name... Well then Fawn, who's the lucky guy that's stolen your heart?" He asked, glancing at Fawn with a mischievous grin on his face.

"I already told you that he's not my boyfriend. I'm not even sure why I'm doing this anymore." She said irritably. Her anger had mellowed out and she began to feel nervous again. Even though he asked her to the dance, she felt as if she couldn't face him.

"I might be a fool, but I'm not that much of a fool to see that he isn't just "some guy" to you. A word of advice kiddo, don't ignore what your heart tells you. Yeah, it can be a pain in the butt sometimes and you might have been hurt countless of times, but you never know, the person you are saying isn't special or trying to push away just might be the person that will love you the most. Even though I'm not sure what's going on, but seeing as you were desperately looking for him just a few seconds ago, that means it's something important and you need to suck it up and do whatever you have to do."