A Thousand Memories

Alex P.O.V

I heard the door click open and I sat up in my bed. 

"Alex?" I heard someone whisper and saw a face peek past the door at me. "You awake?" A smile spread across my face knowing that it was Fawn. 

"I'm awake when you're here." I replied, grinning at her when she blushed. 

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she grabbed a chair and pulled it next to my bed. 

"Pretty good." I said, twisting my torso around, content when my side didn't hurt and my head didn't spin.

Fawn let out a laugh as I did this and I looked at her with a confused look. "I asked you if we could go ride in a boat once and you twisted your torso in the same way because earlier, I was going down a slide and you decided that you wanted to catch me and stood in front of the slide. Let's just say that you ended up on the ground clutching your stomach."

I blinked, amazed at my moment of stupidity. The one question that I've been dying to get an answer to burned at the tip of my tongue. "Who are you to me?" I blurted out, suppressing the feeling that I got when a certain answer flashed through my mind.

"I'll let you decide for yourself." She responded, giving me a mischievous grin. 

"Aw come on. That's not fair." I said, pouting. Girls usually fell for this look, no doubt it'll work on her. 

"Too bad." She said, not faltering at the look I gave her. Well, that was a first.

"Please? It'll make it easy on the both of us." I pleaded. "I won and you promised!" I blurted out again, not fully understanding why I said that. 

Confusion and then realization flashed across her eyes and she smiled at me. "I did, didn't I? Alright, what is it that you want me to do?" She replied, confusing me even further, but I was going to take the opportunity nonetheless. "Who are you to me?" I repeated, crossing my arms.

The smirk that spread across her face made a bad feeling appear in the pit of my stomach. "I am Fawn, your soon to be aggravating companion."

I glowered at her and her smirk widened. "Why don't you want to tell me?" I asked, not even bothering to hide the frustration in my voice. 

"Because, I'll never get another chance like this to aggravate you. Plus, it's a little pay back from the time when you wouldn't leave me alone the first couple of times we met. Not that I'm complaining now, but back then I was pretty upset." She said, chuckling at the memories that I couldn't seem to remember no matter how hard I tried. "You know what?" She began and I looked up at her. Her whole face was lit up like she had just come up with a genius idea. "I'll give you a hint. We're going on a trip tomorrow. I'll go talk to the nurse!" She yelled happily, shooting out of her seat and running out the door. 

"Hey! Wait!" I cried after her, but it was futile. What exactly was she thinking of doing? 

~*~

"Where are we going?" I asked, holding onto her for dear life because she insisted on blindfolding me. 

"You'll see when we get there!" She said, slightly annoyed because I've asked that question at least five times. 

"Okay, okay. I'm just not very keen on being blindfolded." I muttered. A few more steps and Fawn came to a halt. "Okay! We're here!" She said cheerfully and the silken blindfold slid off my face. I blinked my eyes because of the sudden burst of light and when my vision cleared, all I saw was a park. "It's the park where I would play all the time as a child. How is this going to help me remember who you are?" I said, looking at her quizzically.