∂αy тняєє

Piercing green eyes looked at me, their core leading to a place full of hatred. I stood in the courtyard of my middle school, pinned against a tree, the bark digging into my back.

"YOU LITTLE SQUEALER. EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE IF YOU WOULD HAVE SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!" Adam yelled.

"I...I didn't mean to. It's just that what you were going to do wasn't very nice... and..." I stammered, turning my face to the side.

I saw him raise his hand and then felt pain course throughout my body as the sting from the slap spread across my cheek and the throbbing of the back of my head from hitting the tree.

"You'll regret this Fawn!" Was the last thing I heard before my body slumped to the floor and my eyes watched a retreating back with short brown hair.

The next time I woke up, it was dusk. As I tried to get up, the world around me spun into a blur. I grabbed the sides of my head to steady it.

"Aahh.... what happened?" I groaned in pain as my hand went to the back of my head and I felt something sticky. My eyes widened and I felt nauseated as I remembered his last words. How I was going to regret it was something I did not want to find out, but without a doubt, he would stay true to his word and make my punishment as gruesome as ever. I got up as quickly as I dared and ran home. I thanked the heavens that mom worked long hours because if she saw me like this, it would only add more stress to her already fried nerves. I went up to my room and discovered that my window was broken. I looked around the floor and saw a note attached to a rock. I cautiously picked it up and unraveled the paper.

"Hey you twat. Just wait until tomorrow. I can't wait to see your ugly, shocked face." I dropped the note and started to walk backwards towards my bed, trembling violently. I crawled under my covers and dreaded waking up the next day.

My alarm rang and I jumped.

When my alarm clock rang, I ended up jolting then squeezing my eyes shut as my hands clutched the sheets, today's the day. All night, I tossed and turned because all I dreamt about was what could happen, his face revolving around every scenario. I got dressed slowly as if the hands of time would slow down along with me and braced myself for the worst. With each heavy step I took towards school, my heart beat quickened and my breathing hitched. By the time I got there, I was surprised I hadn't passed out.

Immediately, I could feel the tension in the air as everyone looked at me, some whispered and I managed to catch snippets of conversations.

"Hey Maggy, isn't that the girl that beat up Adam?" One girl said.

"Yeah. I heard that after she squealed on him, she caught him off guard as he was walking and decked him in the face and ran like the coward she is."

Ouch.

I walked by even faster and heard another, this time from Adam's henchmen.

"Dude, isn't that the loser girl that kept bullying Adam?"

"Yeah. I can't wait until she sees what we've done to her locker. Come on bro, let's follow her."

I stiffened up as I heard that. I wanted to run, to run anywhere, but what was the point of avoiding the inevitable? I slowly approached my locker, took a deep breath and opened it. Something white flashed before me and hit me in the face. I heard something metal clank to the floor as well. I cautiously wiped whatever was on my face until I realized that it was pie.

Laughter echoed throughout the commons area. I slammed my locker shut and tried to make a run for it but Adam's henchmen caught me and kept me in place. I struggled against their grip but it was no use.