Forgetting Fawn

Alex POV

I continued to ride the bike until I realized where I was, the top of the entrance to the tunnel clearly marking the place of my best friend's death. The words "R.I.P Liam, The Death Kisser" was spray painted on it. I smiled to myself as I remembered all the times he would do that move in front of everyone, holding that hand stand until he landed on the ground, rode a few feet and then stopped. He was insane but that's what I liked about him.

I got off my bike and went to the beginning of the tunnel. A laminated picture of him was glued to the spot he died. I knelt down in front of it. 

"Hey Liam, long time no see, buddy." I said, trying to keep myself composed. "Some of our old friends say that the streets haven't been the same without you." I sadly smiled and got up, walking back towards the bike. 

"He was one of the craziest bikers I ever knew." Adam quietly said, staring at the picture.

I laughed. "Crazy? More like insane."

We both laughed and then stood there in silence, thinking of all the good times we had with Liam. But the silence was then interrupted by the revving of motors and they were coming towards us. I felt my heart drop into the pit of my stomach.

"The races..." I whispered.

I watched as the lights came towards us and then finally pass into the tunnel, their engines sounding louder as the noise ricocheted off the walls. 

"Wanna check it out?" Adam asked.

I looked at him in disbelief. "Are you really asking me that?"

"Come on, Alex. It's time you let go. And I'm also your only ride home." He said, trying to convince me to go.

I stood there for a moment and then sighed in defeat. "Damn it Adam, you're just like Fawn, always pushing me past my limits." As I said her name, sadness filled me and I downcast my eyes. Adam put a hand on my shoulder.

"Alex, just forget about her right now. She said she didn't ever want to see you again, so do as she says. I know you're the type of person that says sorry first when it's not even your fault, but you need to stop being like that. What she did and what she said to you was rude and disrespectful. If she really cared about you, she would have stopped, especially after you told her that you even rode a motorcycle to find her which was a very hard thing for you to do. When she finally realizes that she is at fault and that what she did was wrong, that's when you can say it's okay. Or not, it depends on you." Adam said, shrugging his shoulders. "In the meantime, worry about yourself. Be happy for once. Even though you say that you don't want to go see the street races, deep down you do. Because when things were rough with your dad, that was your escape. And now, you need an escape. Plus, I know a few girls that would love to be with someone like you." He said, winking at me. 

"Adam you know I can't do that to Fa-" I began but was cut off by Adam.

"Yes you can. Remember, she doesn't want anything to do with you. Go out with a girl or two. Show her that what she did made her lose an amazing person." Adam smiled and offered me a helmet. I took it and soon, we were on our way to a place full of memories.

~*~

We finally arrived. People were doing stunts, others were dancing to the music that was blasting, and some were making bets. 

Adam was immediately surrounded by friends and girls. One of them jerked his chin towards me. "Who's that?" He asked Adam.

"His name is Alex. He's one of my friends and was best friends with the legendary Death Kisser, Liam."