Chapter 26

It was nearly midnight by the time I finally made it to bed. I hadn't seen Xavier in a few hours, but he was a big boy. It was hard to keep my eyes open, but I wanted nothing more than to stay awake. Tomorrow, well technically today, I would be accepted into the pack.

It didn't feel real, like it was all just a big dream, or nightmare, if you see it that way. I was nervous, but thankfully I didn't plan anything. Ruby and Lacey planned the whole thing.

Part of me really wanted to help, make it so it's my ceremony, not theirs, but I knew I couldn't. I only had one birthday party, that I can remember, as a kid.

Fish would take me out to dinner, but nothing special.

My parents weren't into the whole party thing, I guess I'm not either. I'm alot like them I think, we shared alot of qualities, well we used to. I wonder what they think of me, right now.

Are they proud, or our they ashamed? Did they accept my faults, or are they wherever they are, screaming at me to change?

I want to believe they're happy, but I've never really listen to their final wishes. To be safe, to live a normal life. Nothing in my life was normal.

The bedroom door opens, pullling me from my thoughts. "You should be in bed, baby." Xavier says, throwing of his shirt and pants. He was only in his boxers, as he climbs into bed next to me.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" He ask, pulling me to his side.

I wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his bare chest. "No." I lie.

"Rose, I can hear your thoughts, feel your emotions, I know when you lie."

I roll my eyes at him, he abuses his mate powers way to much.

I turn my back to him, if he thought I was going to cry into his shoulder because I was nervous, he was wrong.

He sighs, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me to his hard chest. "I love you." Is the last thing I hear before slipping into oblivion.

~~~
"What do you care for most girl?" A woman sneers at me. Only it wasn't me, it wasn't my body, it was someone else's.

"My baby." The body I'm in, sobs.

"And you're willing to give up anything to protect the child." Instead of sneering the womens voice is soft, almost slightly sympathatic.

"Yes." I was kneeling infront of this women, crying my eyes out for a child. The body's voice is so farmiliar, and so is the women infront of me.

"I will protect the child, in return for something you hold dear to you." The women kneels infront of me, lifting my head up to meet her stormy grey eyes.

"Anything."

The women's lips lift up into a breathtaking grin. She was undeniably beautiful. She was a short, curvy women, with radiant brown skin. Her hair was down her back in an intricate braid.

"Bring me the child." Her eyes don't leave mine, until a tall, buff, man brings over a basket. I hear the cooing of a small child.

The baby was wrapped tightly in a blanket, only allowing me to see her face, but I knew it from somewhere. There was a necklace around her neck, over the white blanket. I knew that necklace, but I can't put my finger on it.

"She will be safe, she's special, I can only protect her in some ways, she's on her own when it comes to the others. The elders, they must not know about her, you have to keep her a secret. They will hunt her, they will kill her." The womens voice was frantic, and erratic.