Chapter 4

There was at least ten of Xavier's men on the beach, they were probably warriors, along with Dawson and Xavier. Deciding I only have one option, I try to swim further into the ocean. Smart, I know. Four or five of the warriors come swimming out after me.

They eventually catch me and drag me to shore, despite my atempts to escape.

Once I'm in the blistering heat again, I almost pass out from pain. It was high noon on perhaps the hottest day of the year.

Noticing my pain, Dawson makes a move to touch me, but Ivy stops him. "Don't touch her numbskull, she's in pain." Ivy hisses at him.

"Should we kill her Alpha?" The one man questions, directing his gaze towards the fuming Ivy. Had she been a cartoon, there would have been smoke coming out of her ears,

I stand up quickly pushing Ivy out of their reach. I had just met Ivy, but she was the closest thing I have to a friend. "Kill her and I'll kill you." I threaten, squaring myself up to him.

The warrior matches my defensive stance, ready to attack me if Xavier commands. The other warriors follow suit, all growling lowly at me. I growl back, baring my teeth, Ivy growls aswell.

"Enough." Xavier shouts, the whole beach seems to quiet down at his command. He's stayed quiet for awhile now and I feel we pushed him over the limit. "Take Rose back to her house and guard her, I'll deal with the rogue."

Ivy's pulled out of my grasp and handed to Xavier. She gives me a run-as-soon-as-you-can-look, and willingly follows Xavier. I wanted to run after them, maybe make some sort of deal, or try and distract Xavier long enough for Ivy to sneak away. However all the warriors surround me.

I growl at the men surrounding me, they're making more heat around me, and caging me in. Werewolves didn't like small spaces, but in heat, it's best to stay away as far as possible.

They lead the way back to my house, standing around me at every angle. As soon as we make it in my house, I run upstairs into my room and put on regular clothes. I also grab my wallet while walking over to my window. All plans are brought to a hault when I see the eight men outside of my window.

Sighing, I lay down on my bed letting the cool sheets help cool me. I would have to wait until later, when some of the gaurds moved, to escape.

I try and cool mysel down by bumping up the a.c. My skins still blistering though, when the door opens revealing a still angry Xavier. He sets down a big pile of papers on the nightstand.

"What is that?" I ask walking over to him.

He smirks, looking too smug for my liking. "Oh you know just everything I could possibly find out about you. Like that you're a beta descendant. Or that you dissapeared for a few months after your pa...."

"Don't say it." I say looking a the ground.

"You know, you didn't have to run away." I chuckle darkly.

"You're right, I don't have to do anything, I chose to. When you find out the things I've done, you'll realize I'm just looking out for the both of us." He rolls his eyes.

"I'm just saying it was pretty dumb, especially since now I know not to leave you without guards. That being said, this is what's gonna happen, first I'm taking you back to my pack. Second, you're gonna get nice and comfy and you're gonna play nice. Lastly if you try to run again or refuse to answer my questions, I'll do something that you won't like." He orders picking up my chin, and trust me it defianatley takes away some of the pain.

Despite my amazing poker face, he sees a pained look on my face. Seeing the pained expression makes a lightbulb goes off in his head. "You're in heat aren't you?" He questions a small smirk tugging at his lips.

'I'd remove that smirk real quick.' Liv says trying to sound seductive.

'Settle down we're boiling, not crazy.' I say internally rolling my eyes.

I stare at him blankly for a minute, he should be helping me now that he realises I'm in pain.

Finally realizing what I want he says, "I'll get you some chocolate?... And uh, ice cream. I'll have someone set up an ice bath, while I run to the store. Just tell my warriors to mindlink me what you want." He seems a bit flustered, not knowing what to do or how to help.

I nod my head, encouraging him to go. He rushes out of the room, allowing me to release a breath I hadn't known I was holding.

I lie down on my bed once again, letting sleep take over me.

~~~

Later that night, when I was in the middle of watching some random movie, Xavier knocks on my door. He stayed out of my way for a good portion of the day, and boy was I grateful.

"I want to show you something." He says after a moment. I nod weakly. Quickly he sets up a small tablet with a video.

Once it starts playing I recognize immediatley what it is. It's me, in the Chase, right before I blacked out. I was slightly impressed at how good of a fight I was putting up. I cringe when my shirts thrown off and I black out.

Tears brim my eyes as I watch the man slide my pants down. He throws off his clothes, but then something stops him from countinuing.

A big black wolf to be exact.

The wolf sinks it's teeth into the man ripping out his neck. After killing the man, the wolf comes over and licks my face before running back into the woods. He comes back a few minutes later with six or seven paramedics.

I sit frozen in shock long after the video ended.

Xavier.

That big wolf was Xavier.

Xavier saved me. He knocked the wolf away from me, he's the reason I was sitting here. To be honest I'm suprised when a small growl escapes my lips, but it does.

"Why did you show this to us? Was your intention to make us sad." Liv growls at him. I fight her for dominance and to retake control. The wolf and human were to seperate things, she had her emotions while I had mine.

She was angry at him for making me relive that day, amd even if I wasn't upset she was trying to protect me.

'Liv calm down, it's okay were okay.' I say softly to her. She starts to growl again, on high alert like she was that day, While she was vulnerable, I start to take back control.

She's slowly losing her grip on control and lets me take over. I hear her whimpering in the back of my mind. We just sit there for a few minutes letting the weight rest on our shoulders, before Xavier speaks up.

"My intention wasnt to make you sad, it was to help you realize that having a mate isn't always bad." He sighs defeated, before leaving and slamming the door behind him.

I wanted to reply, but I couldn't. I was just too frustrated and confused. Half of me belonged to him, because I was his other half, but the other half had no intention of staying.

Thats when I lose it. I grab anything I possibly can and chuck it at my walls. I kick the bed and break the headboard in half. When I feel my canines growing, I sink them into my pillow and rip.

Countinuing for over five minutes, I realize that it isn't helping. So I do the only logical thing I can think of, Ijump out of the window.

I can feel the many guards on me, but just keep running. I keep running even when I feel my legs will fall off. Even though Liv begs me to run in wolf form.

What seems like hours later I come up upon a clearing. Sitting down in the grass, I look up at the stars. Deciding I should let Liv out, I take off my clothes and shift, then grab them with my teeth.

A few hours later she gives me back control, I notice we're at a beautiful lake with a waterfall.

Realizing that I want to be in the water fall I slowly make my way through the water. The cool air makes my bare skin prickle with goosebumps. Once I make it under the water fall, tons of water pushes all around me. Suprisingly there is a wonderful cave on the other side.

I throw on my clothes and lay down letting the darkness take over. And I don't ever want to wake up.