Chapter 31

I pull the trigger.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

But the shot never comes. I open my eyes, gasping in suprise. Xavier was clutching his chest tightly, standing before me crying.

"Xavier?" I whisper. "No you can't be here, you're not real, you're dead." I whisper over and over again.

"Rose, baby, look at me, I'm right here."

"You're not real, you're fucking dead. You left me, you left me. You're dead." I clutch my legs tightly as sobs rack my body.

"Look at me Rose, I'm right here." He grabs my hand in both of his, warming me up. "Do you feel that Rose, I'm alive, I promised I'd never leave you."

"Are you really here?" My voice cracks.

"Yes, I'm here, I'll always be here. I can't believe you were going to do something so stupid, you would leave the pack with no one.."

I cut off his ranting by slamming my mouth into his. I'd lost him, he was dead, and now he's not.

My hands tangle into his hair, pulling him impossibly close. His hands grab my thighs, lifting me up so that I'm wrapped tightly around him.

I had a billion questions running through my head, but I supress them. His naked chest which still had an open wound, started bleeding, filling the air with a metalic smell.

He pulls away, slowly, and places his forehead against mine. I squeeze my eyes shut tightly, breathing in his scent over and over again.

"You died." I state, after a minute of silence.

"But I'm alive now, by some miracle." He retorts calmly.

It wasn't a miracle though, I knew why he was breathing, and I hated that it was the reason. How could I tell him that, that I healed him with my blood, how do I explain?

I knew the converstation would have to happen, but I just wanted a few normal moments.

"We should get you to Dawson." I wipe away a few stray tears, hopping down from Xavier.

"Or we could go home." He suggest.

"Xavier the bullet, you could be seriously injured, I can't risk.."

He cuts me off. "At this moment, I don't care. All I care about is taking you to our room, and holding you all night long. You are much more important than me, and it's clear that you're not in your right mind."