Chapter 3 - The Dream

Edited

Skipping to just before Christmas break for Harry, when he has the dream about the snake attacking Mr. Weasley.

Harry was sitting in the common room with Ron and Hermione. They were working on one of their last homework assignments before Christmas break. As they were doing their homework a conversation about the next DA lesson that they had secretly in the Room of Requirement. "Harry I think you should teach us something a little more advanced," Hermione said as she was writing her potions essay. "Hermione, I know. But not everyone is ready yet. Maybe after Christmas break or something." He said. They had a meeting tonight before the break. Harry was putting away his quill, ink and parchment into his bag. Ron copying him as they got ready to go. Hermione sighed. She finally put down her quill as they got ready to go. "Come on Hermione. We don't want to be late do we?" Complained Ron, who grew impatient easily when he was eager for something. "Ronald would you just calm down!" Hermione said exasperated at Ron. Harry rolled his eyes at the two. "Are you guys coming or not?" He asked them from where he stood by the portrait hole.

Hermione and Ron joined Harry by the portrait hole, following him out into the corridor. The had a quiet discussion about the lesson Hermione persistent on her argument of more advanced spells but was shot down by Harry who was being stubborn about it. They reached the room of requirement and enters the room. They waited for the rest of Dumbledore's Army to arrive. They came in pairs. The Weasley twins, then Luna and Ginny, who must have met up on the way up. Soon everyone was there and Harry started the lesson. They continued working with the simple defensive spells like Expelliarmus and Stupefy.

Everyone was happy and sad by the end of the class. "Okay, Guys. So keep working on these spells and after the break, we'll start with more advanced spells." Harry said at the end of the lesson. Everyone started talking about spells and one of the younger students asked Harry about the Patronus charm and everyone looked expectantly at Harry. "Maybe. It's a difficult and very advanced spell. You aren't supposed to learn until your seventh year." He said. "Can't you show us, Harry?" Ask on girl. Harry focused on the girl. Cho Chang.

Hermione nudged Harry in the side. "Oh. Yeah." He said before raising his wand. He thought of his memory before casting the charm. "Expecto Patronum!" He said and a silver stag came out of his wand surrounded by the silvery mist. Everyone was mystified by it and they were all excited for the lesson after the break. Harry watched as everyone left wishing people a merry Christmas as they left for the common rooms.

Harry, Ron and Hermione were the last in the room besides Cho. She was staring at a picture on the board that they had. Ron was looking at Harry and Cho as Harry walked over to her. Hermione rolled her eyes and grabbed Ron's arm, dragging him out of the room leaving them alone. "Honestly Ronald do you have any respect for others?" She said as they re-entered the Gryffindor common room. They sat down on the couch and wait for Harry. Hermione gets out her homework again and continues working on it. Ron rolled his eyes at her just relaxing on the couch.

Harry had approached Cho to talk with her. She had been staring at the picture of Cedric that they had hanging on the board. Cho looked at Harry, her eyes wet from her crying. Harry stood next to her looking at the picture. "D-do you t-think that C-Cedric knew this stuff?" She asked Harry quietly. Harry nodded. "He knew all of this and more." He said gently, placing an arm around her shoulders. Cho looked up at him before looking up at the ceiling. Harry followed her gaze. "Mistletoe...." She said. Harry looked at Cho before he leaned in closer and gently kissed her. It was wet, but only because Cho was crying. The said their goodbyes after the kiss talking about after the holidays. Harry and Cho parted at the end of the hallway heading to their separate common rooms.

Harry entered the Gryffindor common room, seeing Ron and Hermione sitting there, waiting for him. Ron sat up from where he lay in front of the fireplace. "How'd it go?" He asked Harry, only to receive a slap on his arm from Hermione. "You don't have to tell us, Harry. It's up to you." She said looking at Harry. "No, it's fine. It was okay. A bit wet because she was crying." Harry said, sitting down next to Hermione. Ron laughed.