Chapter 11 - Christmas pt. 2

EDITED

Once they had arrived back at Grimmauld Place and had shed their coats and boots, they joined in with the rest of the festive. They were all happy to have Mr Weasley back with them for Christmas. Mr Weasley had thanked Harry on several occasions for saving him. Harry had pushed the praise away, not exactly loving the attention. James had noticed this and took in that he had more of Lily's personality than his, as he would've loved getting the attention. He noticed how Ron and Hermione helped Harry avoid/escape the attention of the others. When James went looking for them he usually found them in Ron and Harry's room. A day has passed since the four, James, Harry, Ron and Hermione, had visited the Potter Manor, and Harry had been talking with Ron and Hermione nonstop about Hogwarts, and about one of their teachers, who, James had heard them call 'Old Toad' on several occasions.

As James was currently looking for the trio, having not seen them for a while. James had just left Sirius, who was with Buckbeak, feeding the hippogriff. As he walked down the stairs he could hear hushed voices coming from one room. He pushed the door opened seeing Fred and George talking quietly. Ginny was sitting near them reading a book. Ron and Hermione were playing a game of wizards chess, Hermione losing horribly. James walked over to the two sitting down next to them. "Hello, Mr Potter," Hermione said, still not used to calling him, James. "Hello Hermione, Ron. It's just James to you two." He said with a smile. Hermione nodded before making a move. James observed them playing for a little bit, before speaking again. "Where's Harry? I'm surprised he's not with you." James said. Ron looked up from the chessboard, into James' hazel eyes. "He's still in our room. He hasn't been out of there since after breakfast." Ron said before returning to the game. James nodded, standing up. He looked down at the game before leaning down to Hermione. "Take out his queen." He whispered before walking out of the room. James walked down to two the second landing, knocked on one of two doors before pushing it opened.

Harry was sitting on his bed, back to the door, looking at the photo album that Hagrid gave him at the end of his first year. Harry jumped when he heard the knock on the door. He snapped the album closed quickly turning around and shoving it under the pillow. When he saw his father he relaxed. "What's that you just hid?" James asked Harry with raised eyebrows. "Nothing," Harry answered a little too quickly. "Really? Or is it something else than 'Nothing'?" James said with a smirk and before Harry could do anything James had his wand out and the book in his hand. "A photo album? That's what you're trying to hide from me, Harry?" James asked with a smirk. When he turned the book over his smile faltered. "Harry?" James asked looking up at the fifteen-year-old. "Hagrid gave it to me," Harry mumbled quietly. James nodded sitting down on the bed. After a minute, Harry joined him, resting his head on James' shoulder. James started flipping through the pages of the album frowning at the picture of him and Lily with a baby Harry laughing. "How did Hagrid get these pictures? Only our friends have these pictures." James asked. Harry rolled his eyes. "Hagrid owled all of yours and mums friends that hadn't died during the first battle for pictures. These are what he got." Harry replied with a yawn. James looked down at the top of his sons head with a smile. "You should try and get some sleep before Molly keeps everyone up late for Christmas Eve dinner," James said. Harry let out a laugh. "And Ron's gonna wake me up early for presents," Harry said with a smile. James laughed at this. "That's exactly what Sirius did when he moved in with me." He said remembering the times he and Sirius spent together when they were younger.

James and Harry spent a little more time talking before going to join Ron and Hermione in the sitting room. Even though James had told Harry to get some sleep, that fact was lost in conversation. The two potters sat side by side watching Ron and Hermione playing wizards chess. James was helping Hermione out, as Ron seemed to be dominating until she took out his queen. There was a call for everyone from downstairs as Mrs Weasley had dinner ready. The seven who were in the room, Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Harry and James all proceeds out of the room and down the stairs. Once in the kitchen, they all took their seats around the table, along with the rest of the people who were at headquarters for Christmas. These people included all the Weasley's, except Percy, Charlie and Bill, Sirius, Remus and the Potters, plus Hermione. Mrs Weasley laid the food out on the table with a flick of her wand. Everyone started to eat and talk about things. People had their conversations going on between people like Sirius was talking with James and Harry about helping Harry to become an Animagus. James was a little on the edge about it, trying to take this "parenting thing" as serious as possible. Harry was all up for the idea and was going to see if Ron wanted to do it, knowing Hermione she wouldn't want to until she was 17 and she most certainly wouldn't let the boys do it if they told her about it. They were all one big family. Maybe not always happy, but a family.

After dinner, everyone moved to one of the two sitting rooms, where a fire was raging in the fireplace. The tree was set up in the corner of the room decorated with silly and goofy decorations. Mrs Weasley brought them out hot chocolate as they talked and sang wizarding Christmas carols. Sirius was the loudest which caused a lot of laughter, especially from Remus and James at this. Harry was string next to James, resting against his father, falling asleep. James had his arm around the teenager, keeping him close. After what seemed like hours, three people were asleep, Harry, Ginny, and Sirius, who had passed out after singing 'God rest ye merry hippogriff' four times in a row. Mrs Weasley cleared the empty hot chocolate cups before helping Mr Weasley out and off to bed. George picked Ginny up carrying her to Hermione and her room. James picked up Harry and carried him into his and Ron's room, Ron following his to get ready for bed. James removed Harry's shoes, watch, glasses and wand before tucking the young boy into the bed and kissing his forehead in a good night before leaving the two boys in there.

A/N

Sorry it took so long. I was jam packed with my schedule for a while. Especially with soccer and school, and now snowboarding and school.