Chapter 16 - Safe for Now

EDITED

James stumbled out of the fireplace in the living room of Potter Manor, still holding Harry, Hermione came right after him, followed shortly by Remus with Ron and Ginny, then Sirius with Luna and Neville. James proceeded to walk out of the living room to one of the bedrooms. He had tidied up one of the rooms planning on giving it to Harry. He pushed the door open and laid his son down on the bed, hands shaking as he called for two of the house elves to come. Two of the five appeared, one almost falling over at the sight of the two slightly beat-up Potters. "Help Harry... Please!" James said quietly, looking to them, on the verge of tears at seeing his son so helpless. Miki climbed onto the bed, kneeling next to Harry. He checked pulse and breathing, before checking Harry's vitals. "He shall be fine Master James. Just let him rest and with time he will recover." The small elf said. The other elf, Sasha, had taken to fixing the many cuts James had picked up while duelling. James nodded, being too distressed to tell Miki off for calling him, Master. "Tell Nobska, Rudy and Penny to help you two in checking over the other. Then send them up here. They are in the living room." James said, the tone of his voice solemn, showing how scared he was about almost having lost both Sirius and Harry. He stayed where he was, sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, watching Harry, as the two elves disappeared and reappeared in the living room, joined by the other three elves. He pulled some of the spare parchment out of the desk drawer, along with a quill and ink. He started writing a letter to Molly.

Molly,

Come to my parents' old place, Potter Manor, remember it? Ron and Ginny are here after you know what in the ministry. I'm sure you're worried about them and just wanted to let you know everyone's okay.

-J. Potter

He sighed, standing up and rolling the letter up after the ink dried and walked out of the room, leaving Harry to sleep. He called for the owl that was still present, even after all the years no one had been present in the manor. He assumed the elves had taken care of it. The barn owl landed on his shoulder. "Take this to Molly Weasley for me. You remember her don't you?" He said handing the letter to the owl and leading it over to a window. He opened the window, letting it fly off. He sighed watching it go. He stared off at the night sky, thinking of Lily. Oh, how she'd be fussing over Harry. "I miss you, Lily...." He murmured. He was brought back to reality by two sets of footsteps on the stairs. He turned to face Hermione and Ginny. "You two, and Luna can sleep in Lily's old room." He said quietly, gesturing to the door that held Lily's name. He walked over to the room, opening the door and conjuring up two sleeping bags with extra pillows. The three of them could work out who got the bed. James turned and left, waiting until Sirius and Remus came up the stairs. He was greeted by Ron and Neville next and told them they could stay in Harry's room, showing them to the room across from the girls, and conjuring the two of them each a sleeping bag and pillows they could sleep with. He walked over to Harry, removing his glasses and shoes, before tucking him under the sheets and leaving the room again. This time he walked down the stairs to find Remus and Sirius talking quietly between themselves in the living room. James sighed. He was glad of one thing.

They were safe. At least, for now, they were.

He wasn't sure what the next year would bring for them, but he prayed it would be easy.

Final chapter of the book complete!!!
Thank you all for over 20 thousand reads on my first book!!! I can't tell you all how please I am with the outcome of it. And I know I had put offs in updating but I am so happy that you all stuck with me through to the end.

I will be writing a sequel to this, taking place during the Half-Blood prince.

A lot of you had asked for Lily to come back during the book, and I had said no, but I am debating about bringing her back at some point in the next book, or maybe in the third book I do, during the Deathly Hallows.

Love you all,
S. Malfoy