Chapter 12 - Christmas pt. 3 and return to Hogwarts

EDITED

Harry was woken by Ron throwing a pillow at him. He opened his eyes slowly, blinking the sleep from them. He looked at Ron, only seeing the blurry outline of his ginger friend. He reached for his glasses, slipping them on his face to see Ron already going for the presents at the end of his bed. Harry shook his head before getting up to open his. "Merry Christmas Harry!" Ron said when he saw his friend awake. "Merry Christmas Ron." He replied sleepily. He opened the first present seeing that it was from his father. He looked at the presents piled at the end of the bed, noting that he had more than usual. He pulled back the paper finding a book all about seekers and tricks to do while in a game.

From James Harry got:
Two books about quidditch, Candy and a picture of Lily while in her years at Hogwarts. From his friends;Ron; chocolate frogsHermione; a book on quidditchFred&George; pranks Ginny; Bertie bots every-flavoured beansFrom Mr.&Mrs. Weasley:The traditional Weasley sweater with a snitch on it. From Sirius:Candy, candy and more candyFrom Remus:A book on spells for AurorsFrom the Dursley's:A hanger and a coin

Overall, Harry was please with Christmas this year. The best he'd had so far. Ever. He pulled on the Weasley sweater and got up to join everyone else with Ron. The two boys walking down the stairs talking. They were joined by Ginny and Hermione who were both wearing Weasley sweaters. The four thanked each other for gifts before joining everyone else in the kitchen. They were served breakfast from Mrs Weasley, who was talking with Sirius, Remus, James, Mr Weasley and Mad-Eye Moody who'd stopped by with news. They were talking quietly so that the kids wouldn't hear. James was the first one to make any noise from the six adults. He slammed his hand down on the table causing all conversation to stop. "No. I will not have that. He's too young to do anything like that. Not after what he's already done. He needs a break Alastor." He shouted not realizing that everyone had gone quiet. The six kids all looked at James, Harry being the first to speak out of them. "Dad?" He asked carefully as to not provoke anymore shouting. James looked at the kids, eyes focusing on Harry. "Oh...Sorry guys. An early Order Meeting about something." He said as Moody went to leave. Mrs Weasley gave James a stern look as to not tell them what they were talking about. James ignored her and the looks from the children and his friends. He left the kitchen, his footsteps could be heard going up the stairs to his room. Harry moved to follow him but Sirius and Remus beat him to it motioning for him to stay in the kitchen with the others.

Sirius and Remus followed him up the stairs to his room. "James?" Sirius asked him pushing open the door, revealing James sitting on his bed looking out the window. "James," Remus said firmly to get his attention. James looked up at them. "I want to tell Harry. He doesn't have the right to live in the dark any more than he already has." Remus frowned. "I know James. Believe me. Sirius and I, we've wanted to tell him. Albus, and Alastor, they won't let us. Say it's too risky." He said James looked up at Remus with sad eyes before two yells of anger came from downstairs. All three older males went to see what was going on. They found Harry and Ginny standing in the small doorway, both bright red and yelling at Fred and George who were both laughing. Remus, James and Sirius all started laughing at the sight. Hanging above the two teens was mistletoe. Some of Fred and George's, where if you walked out of a room and it was in the doorway two people were stuck until they kissed. James finally managed to contain his laughter, looking up to find Harry glaring at him. "Just do it to get it over with you two," Remus said eyes watering from laughing so hard. Harry and Ginny were refusing to look at each other of any of the others. "Seriously Harry. Just do it and get it over with. The rest of us are trapped in here until you do it." Hermione said looking up from her book. Ginny sighed looking up at Harry, though she wasn't much shorter than him. Harry looked down at her slightly before he quickly kissed her, both of them flaring up bright red and running out of the doorway in separate directions. Fred, George, James and Sirius were all laughing again at them.

After the mistletoe incident, everyone made sure to check doorways before leaving a room. And soon it was time for them to go back to Hogwarts. Molly and James were both trying to get them ready to go because they were flooing back to Hogwarts through McGonagall's office and were on a tight schedule. All of the children were crowded around the fireplace in the living room, saying goodbye to Sirius, James, Molly, Arthur and Remus. James pulled Harry aside to talk to him. "Be careful Harry. We are in a difficult time and we can't risk losing anyone. Especially you." He said pulling Harry into a tight hug. Harry wrapped his arms around his father in return. "I will dad. And I'll write to you and Sirius, keep you updated on what's happening at Hogwarts." He said before James let go and Harry went over to join his friends, and one by one, they disappeared in a column of green flame and ash, once again, leaving the house quiet and empty, besides the five adults.

-Back at Hogwarts-As the six children were flooed back to Hogwarts, and one by one they climbed out of the fireplace in McGonagall's office. "Don't get soot on the carpet!" She said strictly not looking up from her work as they trudged out of the office, dragging their trunks behind them as they headed for the Gryffindor common room.