The First Date

As Harry drove us to his home, I sat in silence ignoring him. "Tell me what's going on in your mind?" Harry asked, he always was trying to understand me and know what I was thinking. I wasn't in the mood to speak so I continued to ignore him and his presence.

A song played on the radio, which brought my back to our first date or meeting you can say. I go back and remember the day that started all this nonsense....

"So any new boys you want to set me up with, Dee?" I joke to my best friend as we get ice cream at Ben & Jerry's, of course I chose cookie dough ice cream it's the best. "Actually yes, Nicks friend Harry is single and very cute," Dee informed.

For the past year Dee has been dating Nick, her high school crush. They're really cute together but since I've been single for a long time Dee thought she should find me someone. I'm not close with Dees' boyfriend but he's a good guy.

"When did you meet this Harry guy anyways?" I asked trying to pull more information from her. She has set me on about six different blind dates and I actually did date one of them for three months, but he turned out to be a jerk.

"Well Nick invited me to Harrys party at his mansion in Beverly Hills, his house is huge Rose like massive I think he's perfect for you. Not because he has a lot of money but he reminded me of you." Dee seemed pretty positive about this guy and we must have things in common.

I just sat there thinking about it, maybe this time things will be different. I'm just a little anxious about meeting this guy he sounds intimidating. "Okay I'll do it, I'll meet Harry," I say as I immediately hope I don't regret this.

"Great I'll tell Nick and I'll give you updates. I have to go meet up with Nick at the grove, I'll talk to you later," Dee responded getting up from the bench we were sitting at. I finished my ice cream and drove back home feeling a little ditched by Dee but I understand, I'd want to hang out with my boyfriend as well and plus the grove has some great shopping.

Fast-forward and it was Friday, July 14th. I was currently getting ready to meet Harry for the first time. I decided on something pretty and sexy at the same time, an elegant red dress. Earlier he texted me informing that the restaurant was fancy but casual, which confused me entirely.

When we texted for the first time it was the most awkward conversation ever but I survived. I had about ten minutes till he was supposed to show up at my door. I calmed myself by doing breathing techniques and reminding myself that I'll be okay.

The doorbell rings and I could feel my heart beating so fast. I was nervous but what girl isn't? I never met this guy before and I need to make a good first impression. I took one last deep breath and opened the door with a smile.

"These are for you," Harry greets me with a bouquet of red roses. "I thought these were most appropriate because of your name Rosalie." I liked his little attempt of flirting with me, definitely worked on me. 

"Thank you, they're beautiful," I said surprised and taking the bouquet in my hands. I put them in my empty vase in my foyer quickly and walked with Harry to his car.

"You look lovely by the way Rosalie, can I call you Rose?" Harry asked as he opened the car door for me like a gentle men. He was treating me so kindly, no guy has ever made an impression so strong on me but Harry seemed different.

"You can call me anything you'd like," I smiled as he started to pull out of the driveway. He turned the radio onto one of my favorite summer songs, ' Treasure' by Bruno Mars. I started singing along and dancing a little in my seat.

I looked over and I see Harry singing along as well and we blurted out the lyrics. I was having a good time so far, how could you not feel happy while listening to Bruno Mars? As the song came to an end we both laugh.

"Forget going on this date lets go sing on the streets," Harry joked, making me laugh. "We harmonize good together."

"Keep your eyes on the road," I told him. I didn't want Harry seeing me blush and smile like a little girl. I could feel this bubbly vibe between us and I suddenly don't feel nervous, for once I feel comfortable with a guy I just met.

When we arrived at the restaurant my anxiety came back. I got out of his car and saw all these rich looking people. I try to stay calm and not show that deep inside I'm freaking out at the fact that I don't want to look like a fool. I don't belong around these people, my dress doesn't compare to the ones I've seen the other girls wearing. I was just really beating myself down.

"Reservations?" The hostess asked, grabbing two menus in her hands.

"Under Harry Styles, for two," he replied. The hostess than shows us the way to our table for two in the fancy dinning room. Harry pulled out my chair and helped me in. As he sat down I tried to not look around me because I could break down at any moment. I can't help but feel like this, that I'm not good enough and all these strangers are looking at me funny.

"Rose, are you okay?" Harry asked nicely. I quickly smile and try to make him think that I was okay; I'll get over my personal fears. I over think and make up scenarios of events that haven't even happened yet. "We can split the steak since they're huge here, this is my favorite place to eat." Harry tells me looking at the menu.

"Can I offer you any drinks?" Our serve came over to our table and asked. "We have a gorgeous bottle of red wine imported from Italy that I'd recommend."

"That sounds great, would you like some Rosalie?" Harry asked and I nodded my head yes. I'm not a huge drinker but I occasionally go out and party, I do love wine though.

As the server walks away, Harrys face looks concern and a bit confused. "You were so excited and loud in the car, are you sure you're okay because your face to me looks like you've been defeated," He says to me trying to read my emotions.

"You're right actually, it's just I'm a little anxious to be in a place so fancy and I don't know I'm being ridiculous I know." As I finished the server came back with the red wine and I take a sip to get me out of talking. I wouldn't normally confess on the first date that I suffer from anxiety, that talk usually comes up once I feel relaxed with the guy I've been dating for a while. 

"There's no need to be anxious, trust me I'm not one to feel scarred around. You know what lets go." Harry declared getting up from his chair quickly.

"Wait what?" I said confused putting the glass back on the table. Harry has a mysterious smirk on his face; this guy makes no sense to me.

"Yeah you're right, it's too fancy here lets go to In-N-Out Burger," He suggests pulling a hand out for me to grab. I take his hand in mine and stand up and follow him out of the restaurant. We run out laughing and decided to walk there since it was only a few blocks away. "I was craving a burger anyways and you just saved me, see anxiety does have its positives."

Harry was making me feel better about myself, personality wise. Most guys would find it a turn off that I'm quiet and shut down in situations I get anxious in. "I'm not good at controlling it, my anxiety. I've had since I went into high school and it stuck with me," I tell him a bit about me as we walk the streets to our dinner.

"We all get anxious, you just happen to get it more often but that's okay. Don't think because you feel a certain way that someone won't like you, you have to be you." He spoke words that I really needed to hear in this moment. He reassured me that he's not easily turned off. "Race you to In-N-Out" Harry shouted out getting a head start.

"That's not fair, I'm in heels." I shouted to him attempting to run in heels but it's only making me feet hurt worse...

"We're here," Harry, mumbled under his breath as we pulled up to his house. I got out of his car and walked to his door, not waiting for him. If looks could kill I bet mine could kill millions because I was not giving him the satisfaction that I was drunk enough to sleep with him. I was livid that he let this happened and not controlled his actions. I only reason I agreed to go to his house is for some aspirin and coffee because I was not going to get out of that bed.

"So about last night" Harry said as I walked straight to his kitchen.