Dumbfounded

When I wake up my arm felt sore so I look to the side and I see something that I missed so solemnly, Rose trapped in my arms. A smile grows on my lips as I remember that if I wake up first it means she was really worn out. However, my smile turns into a slight frown as I remember the fact that she came here crying, crying painfully hard.

Gently, I make her head rest on the pillow instead of my arm and then proceed to get up from the bed. Dressing in a new pair of boxers I decide to go make some breakfast since it was already nine in the morning.

I made my way to the kitchen and decided to make Rose some breakfast, I know it's not her favorite meal of the day but she does love my cooking.

~

"Rose. Rose, babe." I call softly for her to wake up. She mumbled something that I was unable to understand. "C'mon Rose, breakfast is ready and on the table."

"I want to sleep though." She murmurs against her pillow, making her voice sound a little muffled.

"Doesn't the smell and thought of delicious food beat the sleepiness?" I ask with a chuckle. She groans and opens on eyes, looking up to me. "C'mon Sleeping Beauty, time to get up. It's half past nine in the morning already." I added on and in a quick movement I wrap a sheet around her and grab her bride style. She shrieks in my ear at the sudden move making me wince as I stroll down the stairs towards the kitchen.

"You jerk! I almost had an heart attack!" She exclaims slapping my arm.

"Oh, please!" I retort. "You love being in my strong arms." I joke cheekily flexing my arm for emphasis after letting her stand up properly and sit down on one of the stools in front of the kitchen island.

"As if," She snorts and I know she's playing along. "I don't see anything there." She concludes as I serve her a plate filled with food; some French toast, bacon, cheese and ham plus a yogurt and some natural orange juice, as I stand behind her to do so.

I laugh shortly with twinkling eyes before I nuzzle into her neck quickly as I speak. "You weren't saying that last night, if I remember correctly," My tone is light and always with a hint of amusement since I don't want to turn things awkward and uncomfortable.

I could see her blush rising up her cheeks as I moved towards the sink to pass everything I used to make the breakfast through water before putting it on the dishwasher.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" She asks after awhile, probably regaining her posture from my winning at our little bickering.

"I already ate, Sleeping Beauty." I provoke looking back with a smirk catching her glance for a few seconds before continuing what I was doing. I could feel her roll her eyes even without looking at her.

"Can't blame me, I was really tired." She mumbles. Before I could reply with something cheeky or a smirk could get to my lips, yesterday comes into my mind, meaning the whole night since she got here. So I keep quite as I dry my hands. I walk to the stool on the opposite side of hers and sit down looking to her, trying to maintain a blank face.

"I believe so," I say shortly and the fact that I was referring to the early night rather then late night obvious. "Are you going to tell me why you came here in that state?" I ask straightforwardly, not looking into her eyes though. I know it would probably make her feel intimidated.

"I--" She was stopped by the loud doorbell ring before she could answer.

I look to the wall clock and frown; it's quarter past ten. The postman gets by here earlier and he just rings when I need to sign something I ordered from some of store online. And if I recall correctly my order just comes next week.