Work Day

~~ HARRY P.O.V. ~~

"I don't want to fight Rosalie, so can you please leave?" I plead as my head hurts like there's no tomorrow. "Call me later if you want," I say walking past her to my door.

"It's okay," she says and sounds shy. "I'll probably call tomorrow, or the day after that." She says to which I nod. I gave her a sympathetic smile; it's not that I don't want to talk with her I just have a massive headache.

She walked off my porch to her car. Even looking like a zombie and feeling like shit I waited until she's inside her car before I go inside.

With a sigh I turn to my door and open it then, close it behind me after entering my home.

In a slow, tired pace I walk to my bedroom and just fall asleep as soon as my head hit the comfortable pillow. This is all I need right now, tranquility

~~ NEXT DAY ~~

"Good morning," I greeted as I see my co-workers, preparing themselves for the day and a chorus of "Good morning's!" and "How are you's" was heard throughout the room. "Who are we having in the studio today?" I asked Louis, my partner in the record company. He's a really good friend of mine; we obviously met at work. We both have a passion for music.

Today is one of the days where the artist comes to our studio and records a song or songs for, usually, their upcoming new album. Sometimes, the artists will have professionals with them to record while they are on tour. Fantastic right?

"Today is James Bay is coming to the studio." Louis replies as he comes up to me and gives me a friendly hug. James Bay has recorded with us for a few months actually, he's from England as well. This will be his first full album, which is exciting.

"Okay. When is he arriving?" I ask sipping my hot cup of tea. I picked up a folder with information about the artist and read over what has been written down.

"In half an hour," he answers after looking at his watch. I've been in this business for over a year and a half. I'm hoping to eventually branch out into songwriting or even recording myself.

When Rosalie and I were dating I never told her my main goal, to become a singer. She knows I have a love for music but she never got to see that side of me.

I've heard Rosalie sing all of the time, in the car, while cleaning, getting ready for the day, just all of the time. I said to her a million times that she should be a singer but she would shy away at the suggestion.

"Liam sent me photos from the crazy party you went to few nights ago." Louis reminds me, trying to start conversation. I almost feel stupid for that being brought up. "The blonde chick is hot Harry, do you have her number? Maybe I'd want to call her up." He adds on seriously.

"I don't even remember her name, she was just a distraction. Do you know my schedule for the rest of the month?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"It's a busy month Harry, August always is. Artists are coming in getting their fall singles recorded and ready to be released. The boss needs help looking for someone new to bring into the label, by the way." Louis informs me. I've been so busy I forgot it was August already. I guess it's time to put my game face on.

I went to my desk searching up YouTube videos of talented kids singing. I write on paper suggestions of who to look further into for future work. I wanted to write down Rosalie Rivers but she'd kill me for putting her name down so I don't attempt to.

There is a song James recently recorded a few weeks ago named 'Craving'. I could relate to my situation with Rose, it's crazy how much I keep thinking about now that she's sort of back in my life again, in the most peculiar way.

After minutes of searching and listening to many different singers, it was time for James recording session. I got up and made my way to the recording room.

"Is everything set up?" I ask Louis, as I walked into the room, he was already inside the recording booth finishing preparing everything.

He gives me thumbs up at the same time as I heard a knock on the door.

"Enter please," I say and James enters the room followed by, whom I think is his manager. Unlike others James was very chill and seemed like a normal guy.

"Good morning." He politely greets.

"Good morning." I shake his hand politely and Louis proceeds to do the same. "Let's start, shall we?" I lead them both to a table to talk about the album and where we see it heading.

~~ TWO HOURS LATER ~~

Before recording there is needed hard work of reviewing the lyrics; figure out tones and notes, instruments, and so much more before the final product.

"Let's take a break and then we start recording in ten. Is that okay?" I ask after everything was set and established. We had a long meeting with managers, producers, and many more important business workers.

They all nodded with exhausted faces already, and it's not even noon yet.

~~ 10 MINUTES LATER ~~

"Let's go," I say giving James a thumb up, signaling him to start.

The first words start and I focus on my work forgetting everything aside of that. Music is an escape for many and it happens to be mine.

"Do you think that in that 'We'll grow, we'll learn how to be' in the beginning, you can go up an octave?" Lou asks and I added on to his request. "And keep it for 5, 6 seconds?"

"I'll try," he says with a nod, and proceeds to restart his song in a different tone. This what you do when recording you play around with the song till it's perfect.

~

It's been a jam-packed day, there were meetings and hours of recording but thankfully the album is finished. Just because the album is finished doesn't mean there's not more to do to it, there's still a lot to do before it's released.

But I'm at home now after an exhausting day. Today was one of that days that there is nothing more to do other then, taking a quick warm shower, eat dinner and then go to sleep. Whenever it's a workday, I'm doing stuff all day and have short periods of breaks.

Yesterday's hangover plus an excruciating day of work worn me, completely, I never felt more tired in my life.

As I took my, much needed shower I thought back of yesterday morning. Rosalie came over for some unknown reason and I don't know what to think of it. Why would she do that? She said she would call today, which, she didn't yet. I wasn't expecting her to actually but I had small hopes that she might've.

I should look at getting a new house, a smaller house. I live in this huge house but with no one to share it with. I could get a dog or even make it rentable. It gets lonely in this house; don't get me wrong it makes it great for big parties. I have been planning on putting a recording room in one of the empty rooms, so at least there will be useful space.

I kept catching myself staring at my phone, waiting for her contact ID photo show up on my screen. I can't call her though, that'd look weird. Once again I fall asleep to the thoughts of her and the picture on my bedside table of us on the trip to England, two years ago.

{A/N}

Sorry for the mix up i accidentally copied and paste the wrong chapter (Of course I'd do that) anyways this chapter was once again written by xOnlyADreamerx :)