Chapter Ten: The Very Annoying Corinna

I needed to leave my own house. Why? Because I don't play nice with others, especially those who want to play with my toys. I couldn't stand the fact that Corinna was staying with us. She was infringing on everything. She used Bertha all the time. Bertha, could you grab me my jacket? Bertha, could you make me a sandwich? Bertha, Bertha, Bertha! Damn! The amount of times she called Bertha  in a day was ridiculous. I couldn't even get Bertha to fix me a smoothie. Hell, I've had to fix my own luncg because Bertha's too busy cooking Corinna up some meal that takes forever and a day to make.

Not only was she taking advantage of Bertha, but every single thing we owned - our cars, our jacuzzi, our pool, our bathrooms, and now my personal trainer. I pay Xavier for one on one with me. Now I was getting charged for her stupid yoga sessions.

Of course, Teddy was all for it, because she gave some bullshit reason about exercise being good for the baby's health. Um, how about you take several walks around the neighborhood then?

Now she was taking Teddy with her to the stupid birthing classes and classes for new parents. Barf. So now when Teddy wasn't at work, he was at those classes with her.

Teddy and I were barely spending any time together anymore. He begged me to come to the classes with him, but I couldn't. I couldn't be fake around her. I couldn't do it anymore.

I'm a bitch. Her precious pregnant emotions wouldn't be able to handle it. So, I did everyone a favor and stayed away from her. But on those off chances, that we did run in to each other, I tried to be on my best behavior - I really did.

But I had it. I had it as soon as I found out that Teddy had opened her an account, which he had funds transferred into weekly for baby expenses. That was the final straw.

"She's got to go, Samantha!" I complained as I took a bite out of my salad. "I can't stand her. She's taking advantage of Teddy. It's clear as day. I'm not even sure if that baby is his."

"It's possible - I mean she could have drugged and raped him," Samantha replied. "Doesn't his office have security cameras? We should get a hold of those."

I narrowed my eyes. "I don't even know what day it was. That would take too much work. I'm not fucking James Bond, you know?"

Samantha laughed, flipping her red hair out of her face, as she unbuttoned her blouse. "Give me fifteen minutes with the security guard and I'll have those tapes."

I laughed. But I knew she was serious, and I kind of wanted to watch the tapes as well. I needed to know. I mean what if she had drugged Teddy and he was too drunk to realize it. Who knows what she was capable of? If Teddy was smart he would have run a background check on her. Corinna might not even be her actual name. This could be just some little game for her.

A way she gets money by tricking handsome wealthy men like Teddy.

So - Samantha and I took a drive to Teddy's office in the city. We were going to conduct on our own little investigation. I, of course, was the getaway driver, so I stayed parked outside while Samantha did her work on the guards. I couldn't convince the guards. I mean they knew who I was, and that Teddy was my husband. They would call him in the instant if I was there.

After thirty minutes or so of sitting in the car, twiddling my thumbs, I parked the car on the side of the street, and walked inside. I had no idea what was taking Samantha so long. I cringed as soon as I saw Samantha talking to Teddy in the lobby. Teddy didn't look happy either. He looked extremely pissed.

Just as I was about to turn around and run for the hills, Teddy called out to me. Shit. I was caught.

"Colin! Colin! I know you heard me," he said in his serious voice. I turned around, walking towards him, innocently. He didn't say a word. He just pointed to the elevator, commanding me like I'm some sort of domestic animal.