Chapter Fourteen: Corinna is Gone

I couldn't believe Teddy's father, Theo hadn't told him yet. I thought when I left his office that everything had been crystal clear. Time was of the essence. He was supposed to tell Teddy about him and Todd. I knew it was big news, but damn, Teddy and I's relationship was hanging on a thread. I needed Corinna gone. She was already close to six months. She was getting bigger and bigger with each passing day. You would have thought she had twins.

The longer he waited, the more Teddy would get attached. He was going to be heartbroken. I just know it.

I called Teddy's father up the day after I visited Teddy at home. I needed to make sure he was going to hold up his end of the bargain.

"I'm going to do it today," Teddy's father said before I even got to say hello. "I know that's why you're calling. I need just a little bit more time."

I sighed. "Great. I just miss him is all, Theo. I just want everything back to normal."

"I understand you're impatience," he whispered into the phone. "But this isn't exactly easy for me, you know. I'll talk to you later. I have to go."

The phone clicked off. Bastard. He better tell Teddy the truth or I just might start breaking promises that I made. I'd tell Teddy everything about his father, Todd, and Corinna. Shit, I'd have a smile on my face the entire time, while holding up a sign that says "I told you so."

Right after Theo texted me at lunch confirming that he had the talk with Teddy, I received a text shortly thereafter from Teddy himself. I'll be at Sam's after work. You and I need to talk.

I was excited for this talk. Finally Teddy's eyes were open. He knew how crazy Corinna is, and how she had tried to sabotage us. He would finally believe me. All I needed was Teddy's validation. That's it. I just wanted him to admit that he was wrong, and that there is a huge possibility that that baby wasn't his.

That evening, I made sure Sam was gone. I didn't need her meddling into our affairs anymore than she already had. It was bad enough having to hear I told you so from one person. He didn't need to hear it from two.

When the doorbell chimed, I quickly fixed my hair, and casually answered the door.

"Come in," I said ushering him inside. I closed the door behind him, leading him into the living room. Before I could even sit down, Teddy grabbed me, and pulled me into his arms, crushing his lips against mine. I didn't even know how to react. I had never seen Teddy so aggressive before.

His fingers slid through my hair as his tongue dipped into my mouth, flicking against mine. I let my hands fall to my side, succumbing completely to him. After a moment or two, I pulled away from him, slapping him hard in the face. He didn't just think a simple kiss would repair everything - even if it was disney quality.

"Well, I deserve that," he said clutching the side of his face for a moment. I know you probably are upset-"

"Probably? I'm livid, Teddy," I growled. "You are always quick to take someone else's side over mine. I admit I made mistakes, but I made a promise to you that I'd never hurt you. And I told you countless times that Corinna was a lying conniving bitch. I mean at first, it was just out of jealousy, I will say. But slowly, she started to reveal her true colors. She is and has always only been after your money. And I'm one hundred percent sure that baby isn't yours."

Teddy's fingers traced along his jaw for a moment. "I know. I know. I confronted her, and she broke down. But she swears that the baby is mine, Colin. I mean we did have sex. It is possible. There's no for sure way to know until the baby is born."

I groaned he knows about her crooked ways and this is the response I get. I went through all of this trouble just to for him to still believe that that child is his. Teddy is dumber than I thought. I folded my arms across my chest.