Chapter Twelve: Tyler, the landscaper

I may have had a moment when I was outside my house. I may have reached an all-time low for myself. But I wasn't letting Corinna keep me down. She may have gotten me kicked out, but I wasn't going to let her take Teddy away from me. He and I had been separated before, and he came after me.

Now it was my turn to come after to him.

I don't blame Teddy for not listening to me. I mean Corinna had made sure that I was caught off-guard. She knew exactly what to do to get underneath Teddy's skin. My cheating had significantly damaged our relationship, and she used that brilliantly to separate us. She was smart. I had to hand it to her. I just had to start being smarter.

She had my husband wrapped underneath her chunky little pregnant fingers. It ends now. There had to be something I could do to expose her. I would start with that landscaper, if that's even what he actually was.

"Sam," I said knocking on her bedroom door. I was staying with her temporarily until Teddy got his head screwed on straight. She came to the door shortly after in a silky beige robe.

"What's up?" she said running her fingers through her disheveled hair. I think she might have had her significantly older and decrepit boyfriend over. All of her boyfriends have been older since I met her. Someone had some serious daddy issues. I used to joke and call her medicine cabinet- Viagra City, when we were living together.

Thank god, I got out when I did. I was sick of seeing naked old man bods in my kitchen on my way to work. Just the thought of it made me throw up a little in my mouth.

"Can I borrow your laptop?" I asked peeking through the door a little. "I have some research that I have to do."

Samantha nodded. "Sure. It's in my living room by the daybed. I'll be out in a few minutes."

Having said that she slammed the bedroom door shut. I rolled my eyes. At least I had the laptop. I think the landscaper told me his name was Tyler Schilling. I logged onto my FB, typing his name in. No results. I tried everything dropping the first letters, and even typing in the last name. Nothing. Damn. Did this guy not have a Facebook?

"Who is Tyler Schilling?" Samantha asked popping up behind me. "Some wild night fling to get your mind off of Teddy."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing. "No. He's the landscaper that came onto me in the shed. The one who I'm sure was hired by Corinna. I'm trying to find him, but he doesn't seem to have a Facebook."

Samantha grabbed the laptop, typing in Corinna's name. I groaned. I didn't want to see her profile. Stupid lying whore. She clicked on her friend's list, and typed Tyler's name. Low and Behold - She found him. I chewed on my lower lip. Why hadn't I thought of that?

Samantha scrolled down his profile. "He's not even a landscaper. He's a bartender it says. He works downtown at Cherry. We should totally go there and like shake him down."

I laughed. It sounded like a plan to me. I would interrogate him like he was a prisoner in Guantanamo. If he could confess to Teddy that Corinna had been the mastermind behind this plan, then Teddy would see just how crazy she is. So, Samantha and I drove down to Cherry around the evening. That's when it was the most crowded. An attractive bartender like that would probably only work around this time. It's when he could make the most cash fast.

I decided quickly that I was going to do all of the talking this time. Last time, Sam and I worked together on a plan she got us caught. Plus, this was my area of expertise. Cherry was one of the hottest gay bars in New York. I think that I had this in the bag.

I made sure to dress up in a nice button down and my tightest pair of jeans. I mean it was Cherry, you couldn't get in looking like any way. As soon as I walked in, I was in my element. I had forgotten how fun gay bars were.