Chapter Eleven: The Art of Sabotage

It was starting to feel like I was in a completely different country in my own house. Everything was about Corinna. Corinna needs this. Corinna needs that. We should do this. I was a fucking pariah. Nothing I said mattered. Could I get a back massage from my own husband? No, he was too busy massaging the pregnant lady's feet.

The farther apart Teddy and I were, the closer he became to Corinna. It was really starting to piss me off. I came home from shopping one day to find Corinna giving Teddy a shoulder massage. She was completely overstepping her boundaries. Did she think she could convert my husband? She may have done it once, but that wasn't going to happen again. Teddy and I's relationship is much stronger than what it was then.

When I argued with Teddy about it, he told me I was over-reacting. I think I was reacting just fine considering the situation I pushed into. He was convinced I was just paranoid.

It was no use arguing with Teddy anymore. I could argue him with until my face turned blue and he wouldn't even budge. He was stubborn, and didn't like to be proven wrong. So I would just work at being the best husband that I could be in front of him.

I wasn't going to let her get her filthy claws into him again. Two can play this game, and I play it much better.

When Teddy came to bed that evening after that massage debacle, I was determined. I positioned myself on top of our bed in a pair of Teddy's favorite Calvin Klein boxers. I was certain he wouldn't be able to resist me. I mean all that cheating taught me something about pleasing a man. Teddy wasn't so amused by that joke. When he walked into our bedroom after preparing for bed, he took one look at me, a grin creeping across his face. He was so cute.

"What's this?" Teddy asked closing the door shut behind him. "Is it my birthday?"

"Teddy," I retorted sliding my hands into the front of my boxers. "Get over here, and fuck me."

Who could resist such a proposition? Teddy sure couldn't. He loved when I talked dirty to him. Now that was something that I had a knack for. Hell, I could be a sex phone operator I was so good.

I wrapped my arms around Teddy's back as his lips fell to my neck, greedily. I had Teddy just where I wanted him. As a bit of payback, I might have been louder than I usually was. That was only because I wanted Corinna to hear how much I was enjoying having sex with Teddy. So I may have exaggerated my moans a bit, but it was all for a good cause. It also boosted Teddy's confidence, which had significantly dropped after I confessed my infidelities. So I was killing two birds with one stone.

"Oh god, Teddy," I groaned throwing my head back into my pillow. "Just like that. Yes, babe."

I felt kind of like a porn star, I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. I couldn't over exaggerate it or Teddy would know I was faking. Not that Teddy wasn't good in bed, he just wasn't pull my hair, bite my arm good. He was getting there though.

Before Teddy and I could get to the actual screwing, issues arose. By issues, I mean sabotage was happening.

"Let me grab a condom," Teddy said sliding our nightstand open. Just as he pulled one out, Teddy froze for a moment, his eyes fixated on the door.

"Do you smell something burning?" he asked. As soon as he said that, our smoke alarm went off. Teddy quickly stood up, sliding his boxers back on. He rushed out of the room, following the burning smell. By the time I threw my boxers on, and a shirt on, Teddy had already remediated the problem.

Popcorn. She had overcooked microwave popcorn. I had to admit that was a good try on her part. Corinna played it up as if it was simple mistake. She even coughed a few times and fanned the air. My favorite part of it all was her constant apologizing.