Finding the Sparkle

As Austin and Ally broke apart, Austin looked around the store to, curious how many people had just seen them kiss. Fortunately, Sonic Boom was emptier than usual, being the middle of a lazy Saturday. "Where did Trish and Dez go?" he asked.

"I don't know, I guess they left," Ally replied. She made a mental note to thank Trish for giving them more time alone.

They were silent for a moment. Then Austin spoke up. "You're still upset, aren't you?" he asked softly.

"Well the comments are probably still coming," Ally murmured, looking down. She didn't want Austin to see her face. Then he would be able to tell right away she was lying. She had other reasons to be upset. Ones that no one, not even Austin, could know. Sometimes it was like this, she was alright, and out of nowhere...memories

"Hey," Austin said, giving her a hug. "It's their problem remember?"

"Yeah...I know. But still..." Oh Austin. If only you knew...

"How about we go upstairs to the practice room and work on some songs?" he suggested. "I know music always cheers you up." Ally beamed at him.

"I'd love that." She took his hand and they walked upstairs.

Once they stepped into the practice room, Ally shut the door and immediately sat down at the piano. Austin slid next to her.

Like they always did when beginning a new song, Ally began playing chords on the piano so that they could see which ones sounded best together. As the music flowed through her veins, Ally felt herself relax. Austin smiled to himself as he saw her shoulders become less tense. As long as his girl was happy, so was he.

"Austin!" Ally called, waving her hand in fron tof his face, and snapping him out of his thoughts. "As flattered as I am that you can't take your eyes off of me, maybe we should do some work?" she teased. Austin blushed, which just made Ally laugh. "Anyways," she giggled, "what do you think of this?"

"Fantastic, as always," he complimented after hearing her play. "Now we just need lyrics."

"Way ahead of you, Austin." Ally smirked as she held up her book, opened to a page filled with possible song lyrics.

"Wow. I really was out of it, wasn't I?" Ally laughed again.

"Just a little. So how about for the chorus, we start with, 'Now, I know there's no going back, so give me your hand and together we'll fly'" Austin joined in, reading from her book, and they sang in unison:

"Because you make me soar so high, I never thought, I'd feel, this way, but you know how to fly, so baby it's okay."

"I love it!" Austin exclaimed. Ally rested her head on his shoulder.

"Thanks." She began to hum, which Austin knew she did when she was in an extremely good mood. And he felt absolutely terrible having to ruin that for her, but something had been nagging at the back of his mind.

"Ally?" he began.

"Uh, yeah?" she answered looking up at him. She could sense the wariness in his voice. "What is it?"

"Well...I mean I was just kind of wondering why...you were so quick to forgive that girl? Indigo?" Fear danced across Ally's eyes, as if this was a question he had been dreading him to ask.

"Well, you know me, I just felt-"

"Look Ally. I know you felt bad. But I also know you. There's something else going on. Something you're not telling me." Ally stood up and walked across the room. Her arms were crossed over her chest, as if to hold in a secret.