Distractions

Okay, in the little not-a-chapter before this, I said I was holding a contest for the best Auslly date ideas, but like no one commented with ideas, so I'm postponing their date until the next chapter. I want to say thank you to XxR5xX and Naomi_1963 for their ideas, but I need more! Please don't be afraid to let me know how you want the date to go! Best idea gets the next chapter dedicated to them!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Ally hummed to herself as she worked. The store was considerably empty, and she finally truly realized how bad business was for Sonic Boom. 

At nine o'clock, Ally locked the doors and began walking home. But after not five minutes strolling peacefully through the Miami streets, her phone rang loudly. She gasped in surprise, then answered, not recognizing the number. "Hello?"

"Ally, it's Austin. Please come over. Like right now." His voice cracked, something that rarely happened with him. Meaning that something was very wrong. And just when things were starting to get better...

"Of course. Yea, I'll be right over." She hung up, and noticeably quickened her pace. She didn't know what the problem was, but she wanted to be there to help Austin solve it. 

Ten minutes later, Ally was knocking on Austin's front door. He opened it in a matter of seconds. Ally opened her mouth to ask what was wrong, but before she could speak, Austin explained. 

"Rebecka got in a car accident." Rebecka was Austin's twenty three year old half-sister. She didn't live with the rest of the Moons', but she and Austin were still pretty close. Ally gasped. 

"Is she okay?" she asked worriedly, wrapping her arms around him tightly. 

"We...we don't know." Ally raised her head and gave Austin a confused look. She took his hand and lead him to his couch.

"Maybe you'd better explain?" Ally suggested. He nodded.

"Okay, so about an hour and a half ago, the police called. An officer was patrolling on the highway, and they saw Rebecka's car on the left shoulder. It had a huge dent in the side. When they opened the car door, no one was in there." Ally was speechless for a minute.

"So...no one knows where she is?" Austin shook his head.

"They found her phone in the car, and called my mom. But we don't really know anything else. They're searching the area for her, but...they haven't found anything." A tear leaked out of his eye. It hurt Ally to see him like this.

"Oh, Austin. It's going to be okay. Rebecka will be okay," Austin didn't say anything for a long time. "Where's your parents?" Ally questioned, attempting to subtly change the subject to a less depressing topic.

"My dad's at the Police Department. My mom's in her room," Austin explained. A subject that brought them right back to where they were. Ally tried again.

"Do you wanna go outside for a walk?" He shrugged. "Yeah, let's go. It'll help you relax." Austin reluctantly stood. 

The two of them stepped outside into the chilly air. They strolled down the street hand in hand, surrounded by silence. Suddenly, Ally's phone rang. "Man! My dad's gonna be so mad!" she exclaimed. She held up a hand at Austin, and answered the call from her dad. 

Austin was paying so little attention, he only heard bits of Ally's conversation.

Ally was talking in a whisper so Austin wouldn't have to hear her recap the whole story of his sister to her dad. 

"Dad, I'm sorry, I really am, but Austin's sister got in a car accident. I'm at the Moon's house right now." Mr. Dawson didn't say anything for awhile.