Repairs

Time seemed to speed up as Austin got closer and closer to Sonic Boom, closer to Ally. He took a deep breath, and entered. He didn't see her anywhere, so he figured she must be upstairs. He slowly made his way up the steps. Opened the door to the practice room. And what he saw made his blood run cold.

Ally felt nothing. Her feelings just seemed to have gone numb. Nothing. No pain, no happiness. No reason. And at that moment, she knew that she would be cutting. Because she probably wouldn't feel it anyways. Reaching under the front desk, she rummaged around until she found a small knife used for cutting opened new shipments of instruments. She slipped it into her sweater pocket, unnoticeable to anyone who wasn't paying extreme attention.

She continued her work, always conscious of the knife. It taunted her, but she waited for the right time. While she reorganized the violin display, dusted off the grand piano, sold a guitar to a customer, her mind was somewhere else.

Then the instant Ally had been waiting for occurred. Through the glass doors, she could see a couple, walking together. They were talking, and laughing, and it caused her to be painfully aware of how much she loved Austin.

He probably hated her for breaking up with him. When she had said those terrible words, in his eyes, all she could see was heartbreak. She knew how Austin cared for her, but after what she'd done, she doubted he still felt the same. And that was why she had to...had to.

Creeping quietly upstairs, she knew she looked suspicious, and was thankful for the fact that her dad wasn't in the store. She burst into the practice room, and quickly shut the door behind her.

Shoulder. That was the best place she could think of. Easily hidden. She wielded the small knife like a miniature sword. She then brought it to her shoulder. It grazed lightly against her skin.

But before she could even do any real harm to herself, the knife was roughly snatched out of her hand, and thrown across the room. The clatter it made as it fell to the ground was followed by pure silence. Ally slowly turned to the person behind her. It was Austin. And his expression was indescribable. It was just...shocked. And hurt. And even disappointed.

"Ally Dawson. I never want to see that again. Ever." His voice might just have been worse than his face. Ally stared into his eyes for what felt like forever. For once, it wasn't nice. His eyes just kept asking her, 'Why?', while hers replied with 'Please forgive me.' It seemed that what wasn't being said was making all the difference. Finally, Ally decided she couldn't take it anymore.

She burst into tears. Austin wrapped his arms around her. Sobs shook her entire body as she cried into his chest. When Ally eventually raised her head, the first thing she said was,"Austin, I'm so sorry." He shook his head.

"I know why you broke up with me. But...you were about to-"

"That's what I'm sorry for. I figured Trish would tell you why....oh, Austin, I was so stupid!" Another tear leaked out. "I was scared. I know Indigo can't do anything really bad to me. Can she?" Ally questioned her own thoughts.

"I wouldn't let her," Austin assured, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Anyways...I don't know. I just don't think I could take all the comments a second time. But I would risk it for you. Then I was worried about us. That's the reason I was about to cut. I thought we were done, and I didn't know what to do. You're the one who lights up my world. I-I need you, Austin." Austin and Ally stared into each others eyes again, but this time it wasn't painful. Not at all.

"And there's no way I can make it without you," Austin agreed in a whisper.

Ally was wearing flats, she raised her toes slightly to kiss him. It was light and hesitant at first, but soon they were kissing passionately. Their kiss deepened even further, and Ally found she actually enjoyed it. But something nagged her thoughts. She pulled away.