Epilogue

~1 Month Later~

Austin's heart pounded as he glanced at the oversize digital clock. Two minutes, and he'd be onstage. Everything he'd worked so hard for, for so long...this was it.

He looked back at his friends, Trish and Dez. They were sitting closer than usual. Dez had finally asked Trish out on a date a few weeks ago, and since then, it was ironic how inseparable they were. They would probably be holding hands, too, except they were clapping for Austin.

He looked to the right, at his Ally. Though she wasn't the one performing, she couldn't seem to contain her excitement. Her smile was so bright, and her eyes sparkled, reflecting the city lights. Austin decided that she'd never been more beautiful.

He leaned over and kissed her forehead. She beamed even brighter at him, and he grinned in return.

"I can't believe this," he murmured. "This is really happening. This is really happening. Ally nodded in delight. She was too thrilled to manage any words at the moment.

Then his name rung out through Times Square. He caught his breath. One more step...one more second...

Ally gripped his arm just before he could take the step.

"Shine bright for me, rockstar," she whispered in his ear, and then let him go. He dashed onstage with a burst of energy. So many people were screaming his name, so many blinding lights, though he'd been expecting that. It was almost overwhelming, but he took a deep breath. He'd waited long enough. He was ready to live his dreams.

"Sometimes it feels like you lost your swag, you got a kick me sign covering the skills that you have, and it all looks wrong, when you're looking down, you get dizzy doing three-sixties and you can't break out..."

It was amazing, he'd never felt so alive. His only regret was that Rebecka wasn't there to see it.

Ally felt her eyes tearing up. She was so proud of Austin, and even glad that a song she'd written was being sung in Times Square on New Years Eve.

After signing with Rhythm Records, Austin had been given many more opportunities, and so had Ally. When Cynthia heard Ally's voice, though Ally hadn't meant for her to, she'd offered Ally a record deal as well. Ally had politely declined, however. She'd considered it for a couple of weeks, but finally decided it was a bad idea, with her stage fright. Maybe someday...but for now, she was sticking to being Austin's songwriter, and girlfriend.

"...No oh oh oh, the way that you do!" All too soon it was over, Austin was coming back towards her. As soon as he reached her, she hugged him so tightly, and found she was fully crying, tears of joy, into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her just as firmly. Ally noticed he was crying a little bit, too.

"I can't believe..." He couldn't even finish the sentence.

"You just did that," Ally supplied, still in his arms.

"I just did that," he repeated in awe. "I just did that."

Trish and Dez both hugged him, too, of course, but his eyes were on Ally. As soon as he could, he pulled her away to a less crowded corner backstage, conveniently behind some curtains.

And he kissed her so passionately, she returned it just as lovingly. It felt like forever that their lips locked, so perfectly. Ally never, ever wanted this to end. It was the best kiss in her life.

She realized something, too, as her stomach fluttered so rapidly. Though she hadn't believed it possible at first, right here, with Austin, she was purely happy.

_________________________________________________________________________

The...end I guess. It's over. Wow. I guess it doesn't mean much to you guys, but this story has been everything to me for the past like five months. I didn't want to end it, it really depresses me, but it was time.

I really do hope you guys enjoyed reading Secret Love as much as I enjoyed writing it!