The Princess Wannabe: Competitive Dinners

• Dedicated to ~Lateesha~

Hope your liking so far took me ages to write the last chapter... Anyways it may take me a while to put up the next chap but the more u nag the quicker the chaps will come. ilyz. Remember to vote, fan and comment!!!

Skittlez

Chapter Two

~Competitive Dinners~

The king sent us back to our chambers but I couldn't sleep, Audrey was dead which means Jessica and I would always have to live in secret. My eyelids fluttered closed, I was awfully tired.

***

I got up as if nothing had ever happened and went into the kitchen to make Gwen's breakfast. I still can't believe Princess Audrey’s dead. It's just unbelievable. Nita's probably really upset I mean Nita was her personal slave and best-friend.

I carry on with my chores, forgetting everything from last night.

***

Carrying the sandwich I made for Gwen's lunch carefully I ran up the stairs knowing if I was late Gwen would punish me. Slamming open her door, Gwen's head snapped towards me and smiled. "Just on time." she said gesturing for me to sit next to her.

I walked over and handed her, her food and sat the seat she patted on the royal blue lounge.

"So there has been a meeting called," Gwen began, "And I'm aloud to invite you. So do you want to come?"

"What meeting?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"The meeting about the new heir, we all know that King Nathaniel’s getting sicker by the minute, he can't rule forever." Gwen stated.

I nodded in agreement.

***

"As you are all aware, Princess Audrey passed away last night." Sir Arthur-Gwen's father-began. "The council shall decide what will happen to the heir as we all know King Nathaniel suffers from a bad case of diabetes and he shall be killed before it can put our dear king in anymore pain."

How could they do this? Audrey only died last night? Was there no remorse for her? Did no one even care? Audrey perished before she could fulfill all her dreams, accomplish all her goals and yet they sit here acting as though it was a peasant who passed instead of their princess and future queen.

After the meeting and millions of explaining on Audrey’s death the council was called into session and Gwen and I were kicked out. Sighing, I started to walk over to the kitchen when, Gwen cleared her throat and I spun around to see Gwen holding a caramel-brown envelope with my name on it. "This is for you."

I hesitantly took a step towards it and gracefully glided it out of Gwen's hand. Studying it closely I immediately recognized the handwriting, it was Gwen's.

I opened up the letter and it read:

To my dearest Evaina,