The Princess Wannabe: The Truth About Frankie

Chapter Twenty Eight

~The Truth about Frankie~

The smell of fresh tea filled my nose as I walked into Zoe’s Chamber, and sat down on the chair she was gesturing me to sit at. “So how have you been?” Zoe pressed.

“I don’t know everything’s been sought of hectic you know?” I said sighing in exhaustion.

She gave me a tight smile, “Well yeah, what do you expect, I mean we are competing for the queen of the country, it’s a big deal.”

I rolled my eyes, “Of course I know, but seriously Sapphire would have been really good as queen a bit chatty but she would have been so cool.”

“She’s not that good…” Zoe mumbled.

“What do you mean?”

“Well you remember when Frankie was born right?” Zoe asked.

How couldn’t I? It was 3 years ago I was only 15:

“I can’t believe this!” Zoe exclaimed.

“They finally did it, didn’t they?” Lizzy asked in a monotone voice, “They finally decided you were so loony you needed to be sent away.”

Zoe glared at her, “What? No, Sam has a child.”

Jessica, Lizzy and my eyes widened and then our mouth fell open. “With whom?” we said together.

She fiddled with her thumbs, “I don’t actually know. All I know is this morning when I woke up I heard this crying noise, and I walked into my brother’s room and boom there’s a child there.

“You have got to be joking, Sam’s like 17, he can’t raise a child?!” Jessica protested.

“Oh but he’s going to, he told me the mother just dumped the innocent soul on him, and he has a feeling she’s not coming back.” Zoe argued back.

“But Sam’s so young!” Jessica snapped.

“Jess, it’s his choice, calm down. If I didn’t know any better I’d think you like him- Oh. My. God. You do, don’t you?” Sudden realisation dawned on me.

Jessica blushed and looked away. “Well, it’s never going to happen.” Zoe, Liz and I said it in one.

“Yes I do what about it?” I said narrowing my eyebrows.

“Well, I lied when I said I didn’t know who the mother was, it’s Sapphire.”

My mouth dropped, she-she just left innocent Frankie. How could she? “If she can’t take care of her own child, how can she take care of a country?” She nodded, and I was still a bit startled. “I’ve got to go now, Zo. Chat with you later.”

“Yeah, see you, oh and please don’t tell anyone. Sam will kill me if he found out people knew, he was in in love with Sapphire he doesn’t want her reputation to be ruined.” She begged.

I gave her a tight smile, “Ok, yeah sure.”

Then I walked out.

If I thought it was hard to adjust to 17 year old having a child, then boy it was hard to believe a 15 year-old had a child. I closed my eyes taking that in, why would people at that age even think about doing that kind of stuff.

Ok Evaina, I told myself, Forget it even happened.

I kept walking until finally, I smashed into something or rather a hard, muscled, beautiful gorgeous, toned-“You seem to be enjoying yourself there.” A way to familiar voice retorted.

My eyes snapped up to meet those beautiful blue ones I had been longing to see for days. “Derrick.” I breathed. Then anger grew inside me, I don’t know where it came from, but I knew it wasn’t me. “Your keeping something from me, are you not?”

“I-I”

The words left my mouth; I swear I wasn’t controlling myself. He looked startled then hesitated. “Derrick, just tell me.”

What was going on? I was angry, but I didn’t know why, it was like I couldn’t control myself. My mouth opened and I didn’t mean for it too, I said words I never even thought about saying beforehand. It was like I was being… possessed.

“I’m sorry, Evain. I-I have to go.” And with that he hurried of almost running.

“Daemon, get out!” Jessica’s voice boomed.

“No, I have to get this out of Derrick for the sake of Evaina.” I spoke frowning.

That was it! I was being possessed by my father!

‘Dad, get out! Derrick is not hiding anything from me.’ I reassured him.

‘Evaina, don’t boss me around, I’m your father!’ my heart sank at the sound of his voice. It was really him, it was really dad.

‘Not much of a father if you possess your child, are we?’ if we were face to face right now I would of given him a stern look.

‘Fine…’ he grumbled, all my anger drifted away, and I was calm again.

“Jess…” I said slowly suddenly feeling dizzy.

“Don’t pass out!” she screamed. Too late…

***

I seemed to pass out a lot lately, so it didn’t surprise me when I awoke in my room in the middle of the day.

I looked over at my calendar, oh no… I had slept through for 2 days which meant, tomorrow was the challenge.

I quickly grabbed the fifth clue which was lying on my bed side table. I didn’t need to work out this clue, but if I did it would give me an advantage.

Did I need the advantage? I mean really, I probably didn’t… but…

I looked over at the clue it was just like the first clue, in fact, I’m pretty sure it was the exact same box. I opened the box, and looked at the objects in disbelief. A cylinder… That’s the great clue that’s meant to give me an advantage.

Yeah right. I chucked it against the wall and it split in two, a piece of paper sliding out. I raced over towards the paper.

Things aren’t always what they seem, that’s the advantage for your challenge.