The Princess Wannabe: Sorry Is Just A Word

Hey guys :D I UPLOADED! My excuse: Well where to begin umm I had  like a TRILLION assignments, and birthdays, and partys. Anyways I have weddings vacinations more birthdays and more assignments not sure when I will get to upload :/ Enjoy,

Skittlez

Chapter Twenty Six

~Sorry Is Just A Word~

My eyes fluttered open and I took in my surroundings, I looked around my dull room and then my eyes landed on my bedside table. Something looked different. I narrowed my eyebrows, thinking hard. I touched it hoping it would come to me, and I wasn’t surprised when it didn’t.

I shot out of my bed continuing to stare at it. That’s when I realized. My normally plain and boring bedside table, usually looked just that, plain and boring, but there was something off about it. It seemed bright and bubbly, beautiful and… friendly. I groaned in frustration. I began pacing remembering yesterday.

I flinched a bit remembering Hay-Lo’s intimidating to look, the look that screamed serial killer ten times over. The way his eyes slightly darkened, and the wrinkles on his face deepened, the way his eyebrows raised as if to say ‘Want to play?’, and the way his hair seemed to stick out, creating that ‘thug’ kind of look. I winced as I remembered that he once use to be my best-friend. That he once was so caring and gentle to me. That’s why I wouldn’t tell Derrick. I know deep down inside, Hay-Lo feel’s guilty for hurting me. He’ll stop soon… I hope, but even if he did. Even if he apologized, I wouldn’t forgive him, for he hurt me not just physically but mentally.

Then my thoughts wandered over to Erin, I wasn’t even fazed by her death. Stefan killed one of my friends. Yes, she wasn’t very kind at times, but she was there. When my father died, she was always there:

I screamed into my pillow again, cursing myself over and over again. Yes, a five year-old shouldn’t be screaming curse s into her pillow, but you got to cut me some slack, I mean my father just died. I winced as I realized I finally admitted it to myself.

A slight tap at the door made me shut my mouth. “Come in?” I said weakly, my voice hoarse and trembling.

The door swung open revealing Erin. I smiled slightly as she shut the door behind her and sat next to me. Her green hair was braided around her head and she looked every bit as beautiful as Princess Audrey.

“Hey,” she gave me a tight smile, I just stared at her the tears streaking down my face. “You know it isn’t healthy to be kept in your room all day. Maybe you should go outside; better yet maybe we should go eat some breakfast.”

I shook my head, but my body obviously disagreed, it let out a low growl signalling I was hungry. Erin grabbed my hand and dragged me out of my room, kicking and screaming. I sighed, giving in and just letting her pull, me out of the room my small hand almost identical to hers.

The light stung my eyes as we walked out into the kitchen. I huffed in annoyance as someone picked me up and put me down on a seat. “Ah, so sleeping beauty awakes.” An all too sarcastic voice remarked and I looked up at the very strong and powerful man before me. His hair was blond and seamed to naturally spike out, but his eyes were a beautiful eucalyptus green, and full of warmth and friendliness.

A bright smile spread across my face as I stared at the brother like figure before me, Andrew. I tackled him to the ground and gave him a kiss on the cheek, he laughed a bit, before pulling me off him and fetching my breakfast.

Erin gave him a nod before bowing, and I furrowed my eyebrows confused but then shrugged it off. “Are you ok?” Andrew asked pulling out a chair next to me and sitting down with his own breakfast. My happy mood dimmed realizing what he meant. I shook my head and saw his eyes darken a bit in sadness.