The Princess Wannabe: Aching Heart

Chapter Twenty

~Aching Heart~

I ran down the hall and collided with another body I dashed up at the exact same time the other person did and I stared at her, she seemed familiar. "Sian!" I exclaimed realizing who it was.

"Oh hey Evaina, we meet again." she said laughing and I laughed with her.

"Yeah, funny isn't it?" I asked keyed out.

It is quite ironic... Sian's thoughts swirled to me and I giggled. I wander if she's a secret ninja trying to kill me. I mean I've never met her before and I've met every lady in the east part of the world, hang on maybe she's from the west? Don't be stupid Sian! We all know that people from the west don't travel this far for just any ball.

"By your face, I'd think you were thing I was some secret ninja trying to kill you." I chirped in still giggling.

"Maybe..." her eyes portraying her with guilt written in them.

"Don't worry, perhaps I didn't introduce myself properly, I'm Lady Evaina Esmeralda, the twelfth and final member of Court." I said simply and she gasped.

"So you were a slave?" she asked astonished.

"Yeah..."

"Oh! My father he says you'll most likely win, and you'll be one of the best queens Arnaldo's ever had." she began to ramble and I blushed.

A loud coughing interrupted us and we both turned to look at a highly disturbed Lizzy. "Liz are you ok?"

"Dresses! Too many!" she exclaimed gripping onto my arm and I saw the sweat on her forehead, I giggled.

"Was their a reason your gripping on to my arm?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

She quickly released her grip, then she recovered and with a bored tone said, "Lady Henrietta wants to see you."

And with that she walked off.

I rolled my eyes of course that skank wanted to see me. "I'm sorry Sian, I've got to go, nice talking with you though."

I waved goodbye to her and was on my way to where Lady Henrietta was.

I sighed, I really hated this lady thing, three whole days without seeing Derrick, Nat or Jess once. It was killing me, Lizzy wasn't even around that much she was always assisting (*cough* *cough* having fun *cough* *cough*) with Jessica.

I sighed again, best friends...

Yeah me and Jess had grown apart we weren't the same anymore, course Liz, Jess and I had always grown up with each other, I always knew Jess favoured Liz over me. It was just her...

It didn't matter so much anymore, I loved Natalie. Natalie and I were so tight, tighter than I was with Jess.

Don't get me wrong I'm still really tight with Jess and Liz, it's just not the trio anymore. I had been seeing more of Zo lately, in-fact she'd been hanging out with us a lot.

Surprisingly, Zoe was actually really close friends with Liz, Jess and I when we were children, but when she passed the test, she started to change, and only hung around me on my day off.

Yeah, she refused to hang out with Jess and Lizzy. Maybe it was the fact I had no family left...

Whatever it was, I don't think it was very fair of her at all.

Coming out of my deep thoughts, I saw Henrietta and groaned as I saw that their was a very attractive guy standing next to her.

Don't you dare try to set me up with a guy, Henrietta...

When she saw me coming her eyes went all happy and bubbly. That can not be a good sign.

I put on my famous fake smile, and nodded at Lady Henrietta and then at the obvious duke next to her. The duke was tall, well built and had dirty blond hair and grey eyes.

"Ah, there you are, Lady Evaina. I was starting to think your worthless slave didn't give you the message." she said sweetly like she said nothing wrong.

My mouth dropped open. "Excuse me?" I asked astonished.

"Oh, don't play dumb Lady Evaina, you heard me." she spoke as if we were old friends and I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from gagging.

"Oh yeah I did. And my so called 'worthless' slave is one of the best slaves in this castle and if you bad-mouth her again, I will be telling Prince Derrick or King Nathaniel and you know very well they value me over you." I sated simply.

And she gave me one of 'those' stares that I giggled at. "Anyways..." she began. "This is Duke Ronald Allan, he will be escorting you to the dismissive ball."

My mouth dropped open, "There must be a mistake."

"Why would there be?" she asked confused.

"Derrick's meant to be escorting me." I stated beginning to panic.

"Oh, sorry no he isn't. He said he was taking Lady Gwen." she stated innocently, smiling evilly.

I huffed in annoyance, "I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow night, Ronald."

I stormed out of there, I had not time to yell at Derrick I had to go find the third clue.

I rushed up towards the halls that had been specially designed for the ladies and looked around, I grabbed the gem out of my pocket and looked around it was then where I saw it, right in front of me was a statue of King Andrew and his red eyes were made of the gems. I walked closer to it.

What did I have to do?

I searched for some kind of clue, but just ended up huffing in annoyance. Then tears spilled out of my eyes without warning.

What was the point?

I should just let myself get eliminated.

Derrick obviously didn't want me anymore. What if he was mucking around with all of those girls?

What if he was using me the whole time?

My heart suddenly started to ache. I was falling for him, I couldn't possibly do that.

Evaina! Focus! Right, I looked back at the statue examining it carefully. There was no possible way a clue could be hidden in here.

I glanced around again, there was pictures of all kind of ladies and I had to giggle as temptation came upon me. To the left of me was a painting of Lady Henrietta.

I smiled, evilly and put my hand in my pocket and so found what I was looking for, a paint brush and black paint. I walked forward, and dabbed the paint brush with the black paint.

I took a deep breath before drawing a mustache just under Henrietta's nose, a beard on her chin and bushy eyebrows, and on her well shown boobs I wrote, 'looks aren't everything'.

Giggling I put my paint brush and paint back into my pocket and continued my search.

That's when I found it, the nose on the statue looked funny. I walked up to it and wriggled it slightly then just like that, the statues moth opened, revealing seven little boxes, so I wasn't the first to find it this time.

I quickly grabbed the one that said my name and wriggled the nose back in position and left. Giggling as I passed lady Henrietta's portrait.

Oh man, I was so going to hell for that one...