|Beauty and the Beast|

____ Flipped through the pages of her new story book. It was about a girl named Belle who was supposed to love a beast in order to reverse a curse. She was intrigued by such little fairytales for she wanted to find herself in a similar situation some day, finding her knight in shining armour. "Sweetie, come downstairs for dinner." Her mother called. She tucked her ___ hair behind her ear and put a bookmark in her book before putting aside to go eat.

When she went downstairs, she was drained of colour for the sight in front of her was agonising and horrible. Blood, everywhere. Was this her fault? She should have come down sooner. What would she have done? ____ fell to her knees and started sobbing. Her mother lay lifeless on the floor. What had happened? The answer to her question was right in front of her. A man in a uniform, holding a long and strange weapon. "This isn't right.. You.. How old are you?" He asked, aiming the weapon at her but not harming her yet.

She sobbed and tightly shut her eyes. "Nineteen." Came out her weak reply. The man's eyes widened as realisation hit him. "No.. You can't be." He spoke. He shook his head and reached forward to grab her chin. He checked her eyes and her mouth. It seemed fine. He then proceeded to grab some human food and brought it to her. She stared at him with her tear filled eyes as he ordered her to eat it. She nodded and slowly ate the food. He waited but nothing happened.

He let out a sigh of relief but then, guilt washed over him when he realised what just happened. The girl in front of him was his human daughter and he had just killed her mother. "You must hate me but, believe me I did the right thing." He started to tell her but the girl just shook her head violently denying that what he did was right. He killed her mother. The only family she had had.

"Leave!" She yelled at him, feeling her fear wash away. She glared at the man and told him to go away. He looked hesitant but he knew he had no choice. He nodded at her and left. She crawled over to her mother. She knew her mother was a ghoul and she wasn't. She didn't have any other family. She couldn't call any emergency number knowing fully that they would not care.

Why would they? Her mother was a ghoul. They might even lock her up and do experiments on her when they found out she was her offspring. Her eyes widened when she realised that the man who she just kicked out was an investigator. She quickly got up and ran towards the front door. The man was far away but still in sight.

She ran off after him. Once ___ caught up to the man she yelled, "Hey!" That was enough to make him stop and look at her. He was hopeful that she might come around but that hope was false. "Don't say a word about me to your stupid doves. I'm human and I will not be a test subject to the likes of you." Was all she said and the man nodded. She hadn't expected him to agree. She was no one special and probably disgusted him because she was a human offspring of a ghoul.

That night she buried her mother in a clearing near a lake her mother used to take her to and tell her stories about princesses. She always wished she would live happily ever after like them but the world wasn't a very nice place. It was sick and twisted.

____ Cried her heart out until she felt nothing anymore. Just emptiness.

Someday, she would try to make things right.