|Coffee|

Nobody knows what's going to happen next in their lives.
Everything that happens is inevitable and irreversible.
Either you like what's happened or you hate it with your very existence.

___ Watched in awe as the manager of the cafe made coffee like it was his passion. Kaneki was busy watching how cute she looked when she was impressed. He chuckled lightly. She turned to him and looked at him as if asking why he was chuckling. The white haired boy shook his head. She smiled her sweet smile and went back to watching the manager.

Two cups of coffee were placed in front of the two. ___ wasted no time and started to drink her warm drink. It was delicious and she sighed in content. "This is delicious, Sir!" She told the old man with a big smile gracing her features. She turned to Kaneki and saw him drinking the coffee too. He didn't seem to be acting with coffee. He actually looked like he was enjoying it. ___'s mouth was agape at that.

Kaneki noticed her reaction and chuckled. "Ghouls can drink coffee, ___." He said, making the girl watch him in awe as he drank the rest of his coffee. Then she realised what and where he just said what he did. "Kaneki, you just said that out loud in a coffee shop." She whispered to him.

This made Kaneki laugh. She is so cute, he thought. He noticed her confused expression which made him find her cute even more. How had he been so lucky? "The staff are all ghouls and so is the manager." He told her.

"Oh!" She said and smiled happily. She started to think how nice this was. Her thoughts leading to more hurtful path. Would my mother have liked it if I had brought her here? She missed her mother a lot. She hadn't realised she was already crying.

Kaneki was about to comfort her when the manager walked over. The boy stared at the older ghoul as he nodded to him. Kaneki understood it was important. "___ would you like to come upstairs and talk to me in private?" He asked the girl.

She wiped away her tears and looked to Kaneki. The boy nodded at her, indicating that it was alright. She got up and followed the old man upstairs into a comfortable room. "Sit." He gestured to one of the sofas. She nodded and sat down.

He sat across from her and waited for her to calm down a little. Once she had, he proceeded to ask her questions, "I can smell that you are not an ordinary human. I can smell ghoul on you, not just Kaneki's scent. Your own." ___ blushed at the mention of Kaneki's scent on her. She smelled of him?

"My mother was a ghoul while my father was human." She told him. The old man studied her. She was a mystery in this world. She was special, like his son and Kaneki. "Do you have predatory organs?" He asked. She shook her head. He couldn't help but think, how could she not have ghoul abilities? "I only have a high sense of smell. Also, I don't understand why, K-Kaneki's b-blood t-tasted good." Her voice broke at the end.

The manager's eyes widened. "May I ask something, Miss ___?" She nodded. He cleared his throat. "Has Kaneki fed off you? If yes, then does he like your blood?" He asked her. The question seemed like it would lead to something. Was there a reason behind her behaviour to Kaneki's blood?

"Yes, sir. He loves the taste of my blood."

The manager sighed. How would he tell her this? How would he tell her that the boy she's with had put a territorial claim on her without even knowing it? They were practically married. Each ghoul couple, young or old, needed to taste the blood of the other to bond.