|Embrace|

____ Was walking home alone. It was nighttime and she was walking in the 20th ward. She heard that this ward was the most peaceful one. She sighed. Would the money I gave be enough to help Banri's wife? All she could think of was the well being of the family she had just visited.

She looked up at the star-filled sky and closed her eyes. Could she alone help so many lives? She wanted to help. Nobody else cared. She cared. She didn't know what made her like this. Maybe it was because her mother had raised her this way. Her mother was a lovely woman, even when she was a ghoul, she helped humans and ghouls alike. She always said something that remained in ____'s heart always.

Every soul matters and every soul is equal, nobody is worth more or less. It's the importance we give to an individual that's different.

Her mother was wise.

___ Missed her a great deal. "I love you, Mom." She whispered. She continued to walk home but after a while she stopped. She heard a plead to stop. Stop what? Was someone in danger? The pleading went on continually which was enough for her to follow the sound of the voice. She ran towards the sound. Her sense of smell was higher than most humans due to her ghoul blood.

She could smell blood. "I don't want to do this anymore!" A male voice yelled. She quickened her steps. She reached an abandoned building's parking lot. She look at the person who was the owner of the voice.

The girl couldn't believe her eyes when she saw him, He was beautiful to her even with the colour red decorating his body. His hair was like snow. Was it soft? She wanted to know.

"Run away, I don't want to hurt you." His voice sounded pained. She felt for him. He was misunderstood like most of his kind. "Let me help you-" "No! Don't touch me. For your own good just stay away from me, Miss." He whispered, not able to control the broken sound of his words.

He was alone and she wanted to help.

She took small steps towards him. His predatory organs were ripping out of his back and he tried to pull them back but one of them hit her on her left side. She winced as she scraped her elbow on the ground. Blood. The ghoul could smell it and he wanted to taste it.

He slowly crawled towards her. "Your blood smells.. No! I can't!" He clutched his head. Tears flowed out of his eyes. ____'s heart ached for him. She moved towards him slowly. He stared at her. Why wasn't she running away? He just mentioned her blood! His eyes widened when she was right in front of him.

"What are you doing? Leave! I'll hurt you!" He yelled at her. She only shook her head and pulled her shirt down from her shoulder. "Here. Feed." She spoke softly. She wanted him to take a bite from her and take her blood. If humans could donate blood at hospitals, this was the same thing.

He shook his head. Tears still flowing out of his eyes. "Why would you do this for me? I'm a monster." He whispered. ___ smiled at him. "You're beautiful. You aren't a monster."

She cupped his cheeks and brought his face to her shoulder blade. "Feed." She whispered in his ear. Her breath was hot on his skin. He felt calm with her and he didn't know why. He smiled slightly and gave in.

The ghoul embraced her in his arms and bit down on her soft skin. His eyes widened. She tasted so perfect. Would he devour her just like that? No. He wouldn't even dream of her being hurt in anyway. He swore to himself that from now on, he wouldn't let a single soul hurt her. He had only just met her but the moment he bit her he had claimed her. She was his.

He licked her wound. She moaned softly at how good it felt. He loved how she tasted. It was still bleeding so he licked it until the bleeding stop. He hadn't bit her hard. Something refrained him from doing so. "Are you okay now?" Asked her soft voice. It was melodic to his ears. The ghoul hadn't felt so calm in a long while. He nodded.

"Don't leave me alone." He whispered in her neck. ____ blushed at the closeness. His face was buried in her neck. She could feel his warm breath on her chest. "I won't."

He pulled back from her after a while. She stared at his face. He was so beautiful to her. She smiled. He blushed when he realised her hands were still on his face. He coughed and looked away. She let go of him and got up, wincing at the pain in her side and shoulder. When he saw her wince he immediately held her.

"I'm okay." She said. The ghoul shook his head. He helped her walk.

They soon reached her house. She had told him where to go. The ghoul carried her all the way and she felt so guilty for it. She must've been heavy. "Sorry, that you had to do this." She said to him. He looked at her weirdly. "You are apologising after I even fed from you?" He asked. She nodded and smiled.

"Y-you can come i-inside." She told him and he nodded. They both went inside. "I believe I don't need an anti bacterial." She said as she sat down on her couch. The ghoul sat next to her, he felt shy. He had never been to a girl's house. Neither had he fed from someone like that. It was pleasurable.

"But, I bit you and licked your wounds.." He said, feeling worried. He had licked the blood off her elbow too. "So what? Your saliva won't give me infection." She said, laughing a little. He blushed. ___ had already started to feel comfortable with him around even though he was a stranger. Something about him was nice.

"What's your name?" They both asked at the same time. They laughed a little.

"I'm ____." She told him.

"Kaneki Ken."